This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Sony has 2 exclusive FPS Franchies yet..

#1necro00Posted 1/15/2013 1:03:16 PM
the 360 is labeled the FPS console? And both of those franchises Resistance and Killzone were mediocre
#2theshovellerPosted 1/15/2013 1:05:25 PM
Microsoft has Halo and Gears of War, though Gears of War is a third-person shooter. I guess Microsoft also now owns the Perfect Dark IP since they own Rare now, right? So I guess they technically own two FPS exclusives, too.

I try to not bog myself down in console wars and debates. They all have advantages, disadvantages, and unique exclusives.
#3ChaingunmasterPosted 1/15/2013 1:05:36 PM
necro00 posted...
the 360 is labeled the FPS console? And both of those franchises Resistance and Killzone were mediocre

That's the thing, Halo is a cultural phenomenon, few series are that big,and when it comes to FPS only COD and Battlefield come to mind in terms of popularity,and they aren't exclusives.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#4mogar002Posted 1/15/2013 1:06:39 PM
Halo and Gears are literally the only games that sell on the 360 exclusive wise.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#5necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 1:06:59 PM
Chaingunmaster posted...
necro00 posted...

That's the thing, Halo is a cultural phenomenon, few series are that big,and when it comes to FPS only COD and Battlefield come to mind in terms of popularity,and they aren't exclusives.

But they just werent that great, Killzone was very clunky and Resistance was meh
#6FearPotionPosted 1/15/2013 1:10:18 PM
Halo and Gears is the only game they buy. That's why it's the Pew, pew console.

Look at the PS3. It's sales are more spread out evenly among exclusives.
#7necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 1:10:48 PM
FearPotion posted...
Halo and Gears is the only game they buy. That's why it's the Pew, pew console.

Look at the PS3. It's sales are more spread out evenly among exclusives.

Its actually a good console
#8Fear the MONKEYPosted 1/15/2013 1:18:25 PM
i think the 360 is called the fps console because of the way the controllers are set up. the "shoot" button is mapped to the right trigger. giving one a feeling more akin to squeezing a trigger than pushing a button.

plus if anything, the xbox was the fps console. halo is more or less the cause behind the focus on/popularity of shooting games on consoles these days. which leads me to believe calling the 360 the fps console is solely based on controller design.
---
psn id: FearTheMonkey
#9MyEvilTwin7Posted 1/15/2013 1:19:56 PM
The 360 is has generally been known as the casual gamers console. The casual gamer generally plays FPS games. Therefore 360 = FPS console.
---
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
#10ManuKesnaPosted 1/15/2013 1:20:13 PM
Oh look! The bad troll cant even keep up with his own lies! You have said that resistance is good before lol
You trolling skills are still bad :(
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna