This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yay! My CECHA Playstation 3 is finally here! =)

#1EstilPosted 1/15/2013 9:13:58 PM(edited)
I previously had a topic here about my purchasing one but it got deleted already. :( But in any event, my CECHA Playstation 3 is finally here! It's fully refurbished and truly works like a new machine (in fact when I first turned it on it directed me to set it up as if it was a new rig). I will say though, you do have to be sure you have it set up properly in the menu for a CRT TV (please don't give me any grief over this; I'm mostly a retro gamer and it's important for me to use a CRT TV to avoid any lag issues; at least it does do S-video!) and it surprisingly looks quite good even on a CRT TV!

Now I just have to wait for my PS3 Memory Card Adapter to arrive and I can copy my PS1 and PS2 memory card files over. I am quite excited to have the best possible PS3 and to get it for about $80 less than a new one (which is not PS2 ready)!

So now I'm ready to play the top two out of three consoles in each generation from 3rd to 7th!! :)

PS: I can't believe how huge and heavy this rig is compared to my other consoles (top loader NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, GEN1/CD, PS3) but that just gives it the look/feel like a big, long, black Cadillac eh? :)

---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#2RyuuHou25Posted 1/15/2013 9:13:36 PM
Okay.....so do you actually have PS2 games? Because, you know.....could have just bought a PS2 for probably a hell of a lot less and just played them on there >.<

It's not like the PS3 makes them look better or anything.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3Estil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 9:14:33 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Okay.....so do you actually have PS2 games? Because, you know.....could have just bought a PS2 for probably a hell of a lot less and just played them on there >.<

Yes, it replaced my slim PS2 that I got back in 2004.
---
#4RyuuHou25Posted 1/15/2013 9:15:57 PM
Estil posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Well, if you're planning on getting PS3 games and what not, congrats. Hopefully they aren't too had to play on your TV.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5Estil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 10:42:04 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Estil posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Well, if you're planning on getting PS3 games and what not, congrats. Hopefully they aren't too had to play on your TV.

I have the following three to get started with:

Gran Turismo 5
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Wheel of Fortune
---
#6THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 1/15/2013 10:44:00 PM
Get 500gb-1tb and you'll have the best game console ever.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#7Estil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 10:54:05 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Get 500gb-1tb and you'll have the best game console ever.

What do you mean?
---