This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your opinion on. . . Bioware's stance on Gay gaming?

#21DrGonzo615Posted 1/15/2013 10:54:22 PM
they are giving players more choice....I dont see a problem with that. Its not like you have to be gay in those games.
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg
#22ZackG31Posted 1/15/2013 10:55:38 PM
DrGonzo615 posted...
they are giving players more choice....I dont see a problem with that. Its not like you have to be gay in those games.

but gay romances will ruin the sanctity of their VR romances.
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
#23BoulderPosted 1/15/2013 10:56:51 PM
DrGonzo615 posted...

Agreed. You could be a female character and romance a male for trophies. Plus the gay option is free and not DLC!
---
I'm bored... Time to play PONG!
#24cavebear56Posted 1/15/2013 10:58:08 PM
Jx1010 posted...

But shouldnt u respect other people's belief?

No.

It's a courtesy up to the individual.

Not a given right.

That said I don't care either way.

Live and let live as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#25SophisticationPosted 1/15/2013 11:00:11 PM
ZackG31 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

there is no god as there was no Adam and Eve

So, because you say this... A mere nobody... We are to believe it? Gotcha... I will guarantee if you are ever, god forbid, on your deathbed suddenly and without warning -- You, like all the other nay saying clueless atheist, will cry out to God for his help. 81% statistic here... Scientific, since that's what you obviously believe in.

So don't choke on it too hard.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#26methosagainPosted 1/15/2013 11:00:21 PM
ZackG31 posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

Also, if you believe in God, then by extension you believe that God created homosexuality, as according to any of the religions that follow God, He is the creator of everything, and I'm pretty sure homosexuality falls under the category of everything.

dont try logic on religious nut jobs they just shut you out.

Actually there is no logic at play here, God gave Humanity free will, that implies that we are able to some degree to create our own diversions such as Murder and Homosexuality. Nowhere in no religion is God actually attributed as creating "EVERYTHING" just the beings and the world, and not the actual interplay in most parts between those parts and the decisions his creations take
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#27methosagainPosted 1/15/2013 11:01:44 PM
Any way the real topic here is that Bioware is making gay gamers pay extra for an option that straight gamers get for free, that is the issue here
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#28TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/15/2013 11:01:48 PM
As long as they don't cram it down your throat, I really don't care.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#29SophisticationPosted 1/15/2013 11:03:33 PM
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

Also, if you believe in God, then by extension you believe that God created homosexuality, as according to any of the religions that follow God, He is the creator of everything, and I'm pretty sure homosexuality falls under the category of everything.

God created the earths, heavens and man -- He gave everyone freewill. Being gay is a choice you either are willing to participate in or a choice you are not willing to participate in... Same with love and being in love. You either want to or you don't. There is no such thing as being gay or being in love. It's a choice your mind and body is conditioned to act upon with said person(s) in a free will society.

Doesn't mean god doesn't condone it... Doesn't mean he does... Just means he gave us a choice.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#30BoosterBurstPosted 1/15/2013 11:03:42 PM
methosagain posted...
ZackG31 posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

dont try logic on religious nut jobs they just shut you out.

Actually there is no logic at play here, God gave Humanity free will, that implies that we are able to some degree to create our own diversions such as Murder and Homosexuality. Nowhere in no religion is God actually attributed as creating "EVERYTHING" just the beings and the world, and not the actual interplay in most parts between those parts and the decisions his creations take

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/481213_522798811073517_1029714586_n.jpg