This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your opinion on. . . Bioware's stance on Gay gaming?

#211julio77777Posted 1/16/2013 9:01:55 AM
I don't get why Christians use their religion as an excuse for homophobia...

The only mention of homosexuality being an abomination is Leviticus 20:13 :

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

But then we should put to death people who curse their parents (20:9), execute men who sleep with their father's wife (20:11), stone fortune tellers to death (20:27), exile people for having sex during menstruation (20:18) etc...

Not to mention that the coming of Christ was supposed to fulfill the law making the book of Leviticus obsolete (though that one can be argued) ...
#212TerotrousPosted 1/16/2013 9:07:51 AM
julio77777 posted...

The only mention of homosexuality being an abomination is Leviticus 20:13

This may come as a shock to you, but the vast majority of all religious people have not actually read their own religious text.

Sadly, most use religion solely as a method of justifying their own prejudices and are completely blind to the general themes they were actually trying to convey. Only someone who is completely ignorant about Christianity could believe that the fact that homosexuality is among the hundreds of everyday activities the bible identifies as being sinful is more important than "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" (John 8:7)

The bible is, on the whole, a book about love and tolerance. If you believe it to be the word of God, those are the things you should be practicing.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#213DrakoVongola1Posted 1/16/2013 9:11:03 AM
darkphoenix181 posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

There is no disrespect to gay people to tell the truth of what is contained in the bible. God did not create Adam and Steve just as the second poster said. This is a fact if you are a christian.

What followed that was disrespect to the man's belief.

In other words, freedom of religion unless what I want to do contradicts your relgion. Then you are forced to no longer believe your religion.

Consider this, what if Bioware made a planet of bible thumpers quoting scriptures and claiming the evidences of God's existence?
Would you approach it with the same open mind and respect it like you did with the gay planet?

If not, you are a bigot and don't care about rights. What you care about is your own agenda.

Your damn right I care about my own agenda more than yours when your agenda has been putting people like me down for centuries.

I don't care one little bit about your religion, when you go around and start disrespecting people and trying to keep people from having equal rights based solely on who gives them a boner I have a problem with that, as should any other rational, civil human being.

As for your stupid little question, no I would not care. I would question the purpose of it, but I wouldn't care in the slightest. If I didn't like what was on that planet I wouldn't go to it, just like if you don't like gay people getting married you don't have to go to a gay wedding.

You are correct when you say that God made Adam and Eve, but I fail to see how that means he hates gay people. Jesus never said one word about gay people, the only time it's ever mentioned in the New Testament was by Paul, who may I remind you was a fallible human being and not the Son of God.

You people! You did this! You did that!
Except, I did not!

You know what this sounds like? This sounds a like a prejudiced generalization. Apparently by believing in God I am now lumped into some giant group of people who are all bad and did terrible things to gay people when I nor anyone I know has done anything of the sort.

All I did was point out irony in this thread.

You're going to get generalized when the most vocal of your people are the idiots I speak of, you should get used to that.
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#214darkphoenix181Posted 1/16/2013 9:19:45 AM(edited)
julio77777 posted...

The only mention of homosexuality being an abomination is Leviticus 20:13 :

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

But then we should put to death people who curse their parents (20:9), execute men who sleep with their father's wife (20:11), stone fortune tellers to death (20:27), exile people for having sex during menstruation (20:18) etc...

Not to mention that the coming of Christ was supposed to fulfill the law making the book of Leviticus obsolete (though that one can be argued) ...

So by your logic it is ok for a man to sleep with his fathers wife? Another key note is to look up the meaning of abomination. There is cause for the passing of things from the old testament but it is high level. Most things found there are types and shadows pointing to the coming of Christ. However, God who is noted to be the unchanging God in your reasoning makes a complete turn of ideals. That simply doesn't hold nor coincide with scriptural fact.

One thing that should be pointed out however is that if you believe it is a sin to be gay you also have to consider that sex before marriage and divorce without true cause are adultery and fornication. Jesus gave only one cause for divorce and also put forth the idea of one man and one woman like in the creation.
Many people like to push one agenda and let the others slide. This is being a hypocrite.
Then you have people who think sin is ok and justified in the new testament despite Romans 6:15 and verses like that.

Anyways, what is truly important is the ideas in the bible are that the world is full of sin and will always be as such. Christians really have no business telling the governments what to do and other things of that nature. The point of christianity is to try to save men's souls not control what they can or cannot do with their body in this life. In other words, if a man wishes to sin, that really is his business.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#215hockeybub89Posted 1/16/2013 9:17:44 AM(edited)
DrakoVongola1 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

There is no disrespect to gay people to tell the truth of what is contained in the bible. God did not create Adam and Steve just as the second poster said. This is a fact if you are a christian.

In other words, freedom of religion unless what I want to do contradicts your relgion. Then you are forced to no longer believe your religion.

Consider this, what if Bioware made a planet of bible thumpers quoting scriptures and claiming the evidences of God's existence?
Would you approach it with the same open mind and respect it like you did with the gay planet?

If not, you are a bigot and don't care about rights. What you care about is your own agenda.

Your damn right I care about my own agenda more than yours when your agenda has been putting people like me down for centuries.

I don't care one little bit about your religion, when you go around and start disrespecting people and trying to keep people from having equal rights based solely on who gives them a boner I have a problem with that, as should any other rational, civil human being.

As for your stupid little question, no I would not care. I would question the purpose of it, but I wouldn't care in the slightest. If I didn't like what was on that planet I wouldn't go to it, just like if you don't like gay people getting married you don't have to go to a gay wedding.

You are correct when you say that God made Adam and Eve, but I fail to see how that means he hates gay people. Jesus never said one word about gay people, the only time it's ever mentioned in the New Testament was by Paul, who may I remind you was a fallible human being and not the Son of God.

Except, I did not!

You know what this sounds like? This sounds a like a prejudiced generalization. Apparently by believing in God I am now lumped into some giant group of people who are all bad and did terrible things to gay people when I nor anyone I know has done anything of the sort.

You're going to get generalized when the most vocal of your people are the idiots I speak of, you should get used to that.

Does that mean he can generalize gay people based on the most flamboyant people at pride parades and select gay people in the media? I mean, that's only fair if you're going to base your opinion of Christianity on groups like Westboro.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#216Tavy89Posted 1/16/2013 9:16:43 AM
Oh one of these topics again.

The amount of people saying it is a choice to be gay is pathetic. I seriously despise people like you and wonder what the people who say that would say if THEY were gay. It's not a choice.

People who use their religion to condemn it....you're homophobic. I don't care what the excuse is or if you don't mind it but don't want to see it, you're still homophobic, because there is very, very few excuses to dislike it. Like another poster already mentioned, there is a LOT in the bible that is ignored. Maybe I should dig out more things. See how many of you actually fully follow your novel.

People who don't "want it in their face" or think it's a constant thing...I'M GOING TO MOAN AND PROTEST AT ALL THE STRAIGHT MEDIA! It's in my face! Bioware (/other developers) games having a straight option!? Oh no! I don't want to see it!
I sound silly don't I? This is how you sound.

People who don't like being hit on by gay guys....please remember this stance the next time you decide to hit on or randomly compliment etc. a random woman you happen to like. Some woman don't like straight men hitting on them all the time either (and not just lesbians). Personally I'd think it a rather good thing, a bit of an ego boost, to know that I am good looking enough to attract both sexes.

I wish more companies gave the option. Read. OPTION. It's not as if you MUST do it. Ugh. Rant over. I think I covered most of the basic comments you get in these topics.
---
Elder Scrolls V is taking up all my time :S
#217darkphoenix181Posted 1/16/2013 9:17:22 AM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

Except, I did not!

It's fine. If you wish to be prejudiced and become a hypocrite, more power to you.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#218jrr18Posted 1/16/2013 9:19:24 AM
Well there's only one thing that will fix this topic now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s1MspmfEwg
---
Victory over the 2013 Capcom the game demon through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#219NicodimusPosted 1/16/2013 9:27:31 AM
ToastyAnakin posted...
But Gods don't exist so your argument is invalid.

Let me offer you a challenge.
Prove to me God doesn't exist.

I'm not saying whether I believe or not. But before you go claiming a theory as fact, you better have the proof to back it up.

God cannot be disproven, in the same way that I could tell you that I have a gorilla that appears in my kitchen only when nobody else is around, and he disappears when I try to take his picture. You can't disprove that claim either. So, just because something isn't able to be disproven doesn't mean it's any more real or likely to be true.

While a magical being who controls everything and the stealthy gorilla are both pretty wild ideas, the burden of proof is on the person making the outlandish claim.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#220DrakoVongola1Posted 1/16/2013 9:27:44 AM
hockeybub89 posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

Except, I did not!

Does that mean he can generalize gay people based on the most flamboyant people at pride parades and select gay people in the media? I mean, that's only fair if you're going to base your opinion of Christianity on groups like Westboro.

Go ahead, they aren't doing anything wrong, they aren't stepping on other people's rights, they're just trying to gain them for themselves.

There is a difference though, with Christianity the hate is not even limited to extremist groups like Westboro, it's damn near everyone who identifies as a Christian.
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.