This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your opinion on. . . Bioware's stance on Gay gaming?

#241velvet_hammerPosted 1/16/2013 11:50:00 AM(edited)
oh and the adam and eve line was a joke... I dont judge people and God gave free will.. If thats what people wanna do so be it.. As I believe gays can go to heaven
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#242darkphoenix181Posted 1/16/2013 11:51:55 AM
Terotrous posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
The point is what you just said, just now, is prejudice.
Replace Christians with black people and see how that sounds. You can't say the majority of Christians are bad as you probably haven't even met 10% of them.
And yet you just did.

The problem is, as I said, that Christians are giving these people a voice. When a pastor goes on a talk show and says that gays caused 9/11, you need to have all kinds of people raising their voice and saying "this man does NOT speak for Christians, don't listen to him". The fact that these people are allowed to keep spewing their hatred and cloak it in their religious beliefs without being criticized by the church is what gives the impression that even if the majority of Christians don't think this way themselves, they at least condone it.

Even if you want to argue that free speech permits these people to say what they want, you should at least understand that it doesn't give them the right to associate themselves with people who do not share their views. If you don't agree with what someone has to say, you're completely within your rights to forbid them from speaking on your behalf.

Or maybe people do voice that they don't agree but the news would rather paint christians in this light.
Consider why when an Emon spews hate speech why he is then considered a fundamentalist nutjob. This is because the news media then goes on a crusade to show Isalm as a peaceful religion. When did the media do this with Christianity?
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#243ComfortablySadPosted 1/16/2013 11:54:00 AM(edited)
methosagain posted...
ZackG31 posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

Also, if you believe in God, then by extension you believe that God created homosexuality, as according to any of the religions that follow God, He is the creator of everything, and I'm pretty sure homosexuality falls under the category of everything.

dont try logic on religious nut jobs they just shut you out.

Actually there is no logic at play here, God gave Humanity free will, that implies that we are able to some degree to create our own diversions such as Murder and Homosexuality. Nowhere in no religion is God actually attributed as creating "EVERYTHING" just the beings and the world, and not the actual interplay in most parts between those parts and the decisions his creations take

Why would God give man free will? To test man? If God is all knowing he should already know the outcome of giving man free will making the test pointless. Are you saying God isn't all knowing or are you saying God gave man free will and the ability to commit acts of evil as a sick joke?
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#244TerotrousPosted 1/16/2013 12:02:43 PM
cavebear56 posted...
Laws from the government won't help.

The thing is, though, that they do. There are loads of other countries that have same-sex marriage now and the level of discrimination towards homosexuals has decreased a lot.

Something this topic seems to have lacked. So what if people don't agree with homosexuality. Cry some more over something irrelevant. You have no right to be accepted just because you are a person with feelings, that's something you earn through your actions and your character.

Except that a bigotted person will never accept a homosexual, simply because they are homosexual. Their actions and character are irrelevant.

Obviously, being tolerant of homosexuality doesn't mean being in favour of all homosexuals. A homosexual serial killer would be no less deplorable than a heterosexual one. The tolerance simply means that homosexuality and heterosexuality are accepted equally.

Homosexuality is not wrong nor is it right. It is a choice and people do not have to approve of your choice of straight, gay or both but they should understand it.

No it isn't. If you believe homosexuality is a choice, please demonstrate this by choosing to convert from one to the other (or if you are currently bisexual, you can convert to asexuality to prove the point).

Homosexuality is like your blood type. You don't choose it and can't change it. This has been shown time and time again and no serious scientists dispute this.

darkphoenix181 posted...
Or maybe people do voice that they don't agree but the news would rather paint Christians in this light.
Consider why when an Emon spews hate speech why he is then considered a fundamentalist nutjob. This is because the news media then goes on a crusade to show Isalm as a peaceful religion. When did the media do this with Christianity?

That's possible. The media does like misrepresenting the truth when it makes things more sensational. As gamers, we face this with regard to video games all the time. Everyone knows there's no connection between games and violent behaviour and yet it comes up time and time again.

That being said, at current, your numbers aren't adding up, because when we take things like elections and they have exit polls, they're showing pretty strongly that same-sex marriage is much more strongly opposed by people who are self-identifying as Christians, by a far higher percentage than those who identify as atheist or agnostic. If we conducted a similar poll of about the issue of violent video games, you'd have like 99% of people identifying as gamers voting "no" about it being an issue.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#245TerotrousPosted 1/16/2013 12:05:33 PM
ComfortablySad posted...
Why would God give man free will? To test man?

If you want my personal beliefs, I believe that if there is a God (I'm agnostic), then they may have created the universe but have limited or no control over how it runs.

Clearly, if you were an omnipotent being, and you gave your creations free will, you would, in effect, be voluntarily relinquishing your powers.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#246velvet_hammerPosted 1/16/2013 12:05:57 PM
ComfortablySad posted...
methosagain posted...
ZackG31 posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

Also, if you believe in God, then by extension you believe that God created homosexuality, as according to any of the religions that follow God, He is the creator of everything, and I'm pretty sure homosexuality falls under the category of everything.

dont try logic on religious nut jobs they just shut you out.

Actually there is no logic at play here, God gave Humanity free will, that implies that we are able to some degree to create our own diversions such as Murder and Homosexuality. Nowhere in no religion is God actually attributed as creating "EVERYTHING" just the beings and the world, and not the actual interplay in most parts between those parts and the decisions his creations take

Why would God give man free will? To test man? If God is all knowing he should already know the outcome of giving man free will making the test pointless. Are you saying God isn't all knowing or are you saying God gave man free will and the ability to commit acts of evil as a sick joke?

you would be a programed robot.
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#247matu90rkPosted 1/16/2013 12:08:34 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
methosagain posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
methosagain posted...

Pretty stupid Prof if he didn't know the differences between an Ape and a Hominid

well hominid are great apes but extinct. one theory is we evolved from them, they say there extinct b/c they ALL evolved.. who created the hominid? I guess if people believe that they have to believe something happened from nothing and boom life formed..

I believe God said boom and life formed :)

We are Hominids, face palm

no thats a theory and darwins evolution has been proven to be wrong.. Heres Darwins theorys and facts disproving them http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread163678/pg1
lots of scientific conflictions, science cant have it both ways..

So, a random forum thread disproves evolution? You don't even know what the definition of "theory" and "fact" mean in the scientific ambit. Science bases itself around conjectural and hypothetical consistency.

Evolution happens to be one of the most reliable and empirically tested theories and it explains a lot of biological facts.
#248cyberkyberPosted 1/16/2013 12:27:30 PM
What's next this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/623292-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-ii/63351718

No thanks..
#249SeBedaPosted 1/16/2013 12:32:02 PM
There are no logical arguments against being gay.
#250El_ZaggyPosted 1/16/2013 12:58:54 PM(edited)
SeBeda posted...
There are no logical arguments against being gay.

There is no logical argument to dislike vegetables but some people hate them. That just a matter of opinion. People can hate other people based on their sexual preferences. I dont see why they cant have their own opinions. The fact that gays tries to shut the people with opinions contrary to what they are or what they think is called censorship.