This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your opinion on. . . Bioware's stance on Gay gaming?

#251youshallbeasgodPosted 1/16/2013 11:59:16 AM
SeBeda posted...
There are no logical arguments against HLA.

Fixed.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#252DestinPosted 1/16/2013 12:00:57 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
SeBeda posted...
There are no logical arguments against being gay.

There is no logical argument to dislike vegetables but some people hate them. That just a matter of opinion. People can hate other people based on their sexual preferences. I dont see why they cant have their own opinions. The fact that gays tries to shut the people with opinions contrary to what they are or what they think is called censorship.

that's not a remotely accurate comparison. how often do people hate other people for eating vegetables?
---
Destin the Valiant
#253Tavy89Posted 1/16/2013 12:01:58 PM
Personally I thnk this gay situation is a bit too much out of control. Look at Mass Effect 3... the repair dude in the Normandy... it was obiviously a gay dude and im sure this guy is easy to sleep with. They present him on a silver plate. Bam in your face. I chose to not talk to him again anymore. I would have shot him right away but since the game wouldnt let me kill him....

I just dont want to see those kind of things in real life and games. Its disgusting. I have my own opinion, I have the right to express it like everyone else. nd I,m not religious at all.

You might have your opinion...but you basically just said you'd have shot him just because he is gay and "to easy" to sleep with accidentally. So now not only are you homophobic but a risk of committing gay hate crimes.
(And you are entitled to your opinion. However it makes you homophobic by having said opinion.)
---
Elder Scrolls V is taking up all my time :S
#254JartenPosted 1/16/2013 12:02:09 PM
I don't care for it but I'm not going to stop playing a game because some npc or other player is a homosexual. As long as I get the choice to play as my own person like Bioware has done so far in their RPG games I'm content.
#255ChronoAcePosted 1/16/2013 12:09:10 PM(edited)
Xenesis Xenon posted...
My opinion is that Bioware is incredibly hamfisted with this sort of thing.

This ^

Also from the kotaku article

"Players asked for it, and we give players what they want sort of deal."

Hahahah. Wish they applied this to their actual games and not silly romance crap.
#256El_ZaggyPosted 1/16/2013 12:05:33 PM
Destin posted...
El_Zaggy posted...
SeBeda posted...
There are no logical arguments against being gay.

There is no logical argument to dislike vegetables but some people hate them. That just a matter of opinion. People can hate other people based on their sexual preferences. I dont see why they cant have their own opinions. The fact that gays tries to shut the people with opinions contrary to what they are or what they think is called censorship.

that's not a remotely accurate comparison. how often do people hate other people for eating vegetables?

A lot of people hate vegetarians.
#257DestinPosted 1/16/2013 12:06:21 PM
Personally I thnk this gay situation is a bit too much out of control. Look at Mass Effect 3... the repair dude in the Normandy... it was obiviously a gay dude and im sure this guy is easy to sleep with. They present him on a silver plate. Bam in your face. I chose to not talk to him again anymore. I would have shot him right away but since the game wouldnt let me kill him....

I just dont want to see those kind of things in real life and games. Its disgusting. I have my own opinion, I have the right to express it like everyone else. nd I,m not religious at all.

i felt that way about Diana Allers.
---
Destin the Valiant
#258king_gimpyPosted 1/16/2013 12:11:33 PM
But shouldnt u respect other people's belief?

Pfft, forget that, some beliefs are just stupid. Chief amongst them a belief that gays are somehow "sinful," or "bad," or that acknowledging them is part of an "agenda."
---
A New Messiah, Another Lie
A New Messiah, To Be Denied
#259El_ZaggyPosted 1/16/2013 12:13:45 PM
Destin posted...

i felt that way about Diana Allers.

lol you made my day i didnt remember her but yea
#260danmanproPosted 1/16/2013 12:21:09 PM
"Not That There's Anything Wrong with That."