This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your opinion on. . . Bioware's stance on Gay gaming?

#261Bull422Posted 1/16/2013 12:28:29 PM(edited)
Personally I believe that those who scream really loud against gay characters or romance ( two men of course because lesbians are hardly ever a problem) are probably those who deep down are questioning their own sexuality. Everyone else could care less and just enjoy the game regardless if they get hit on or not.
---
I AM AN SAGE! All Wise! All Knowing! All Powerful! Still Living in a Trailer with my MOM.
R.I.P. Snowflake (1986?-2009)
#262Perfect_Dark08Posted 1/16/2013 12:40:56 PM
Jx1010 posted...
however Bioware telling straight men to get over gay men hitting on them is a bit of an insult since why would u like being hit on by gay men if u are straight and not gay.

Men who are afraid of gay men flirting with them are paranoid homophobes. It would be just as ridiculous to demand that a gay man ask another man if he is gay before the gay man flirts with him as it would be for a straight man to ask a woman if she is heterosexual before he flirts with her. If a gay man flirts with a straight man, the only thing that straight man would have to do is politely say that he isn't gay and thus, isn't interested.
#263El_ZaggyPosted 1/16/2013 12:45:16 PM
Bull422 posted...
Personally I believe that those who scream really loud against gay characters or romance ( two men of course because lesbians are hardly ever a problem) are probably those who deep down are questioning their own sexuality. Everyone else could care less and just enjoy the game regardless if they get hit on or not.

I hear people say this a lot but in fact that is not true at all, This is just an argument made to censor people who says what they think. I dont like those tactics just to make people feel bad for finding stuff they dont like.
#264cyberkyberPosted 1/16/2013 12:47:40 PM
Bull422 posted...

Hmm so anything I hate I secretly love, wow thanks man. Crack open the shampaghn cause we know a lot of people hate pedophilia but according to your logic every body really likes it, lets embrace it.....such wisdom bull
#265Tavy89Posted 1/16/2013 12:49:22 PM
Bull422 posted...

I hear people say this a lot but in fact that is not true at all, This is just an argument made to censor people who says what they think. I dont like those tactics just to make people feel bad for finding stuff they dont like.

Not an argument just to "censor" (and SERIOUSLY you are being silly using that word), it is something even scientists consider.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=homophobes-might-be-hidden-homosexuals
---
Elder Scrolls V is taking up all my time :S
#266ChronoAcePosted 1/16/2013 1:07:58 PM
Tavy89 posted...
Bull422 posted...

Not an argument just to "censor" (and SERIOUSLY you are being silly using that word), it is something even scientists consider.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=homophobes-might-be-hidden-homosexuals

Key word "MIGHT".

Do you hate murderers and rapists? Well then according to that logic then you may be one yourself!

Personally I didn't mind Steve or Samantha in ME3 because they didn't shove it in your face or have them flirt with you unless you wanted it to happen. Making EVERYONE bi or a planet dedicated to gay relationships is over the top and a waste of time.

I hope Bioware focuses on making a half decent ending for their next game rather than crap like this. That goes for straight romances as well.
#267SigmaHacielPosted 1/16/2013 1:08:59 PM
Bull422 posted...

This sounds right.

I don't care what two guys or two girls do together.

I've never met a gay guy who all but dry-humped me out of nowhere.

Why? Because that stereotype is not wide-ranging enough to even BE a stereotype to begin with.
#268Tavy89Posted 1/16/2013 1:13:10 PM
Tavy89 posted...
Bull422 posted...

Key word "MIGHT".

Do you hate murderers and rapists? Well then according to that logic then you may be one yourself!

Personally I didn't mind Steve or Samantha in ME3 because they didn't shove it in your face or have them flirt with you unless you wanted it to happen. Making EVERYONE bi or a planet dedicated to gay relationships is over the top and a waste of time.

I hope Bioware focuses on making a half decent ending for their next game rather than crap like this. That goes for straight romances as well.

That's just silly and implies you never read the linked page.

"those individuals who are most hostile toward gays and hold strong anti-gay views"

We all dislike rapists and murderers. However not many people have as strong views on that as what has been shown towards homosexuality. For example, and I could actually be wrong about this myself but I've never heard of it, but do people go out with signs protesting murder and rape? I've never heard of it yet I know it happens towards homosexuality.

It is logical. Protest that you hate or dislike something loudly and violently and it looks like you are hiding something. Keep your views to yourself and you are not bringing attention to it as though you are trying to cover it up. Sorry, not sure that makes sense, I know what I mean but trying to phrase it seems difficult.
---
Elder Scrolls V is taking up all my time :S
#269DeezulPosted 1/16/2013 1:27:41 PM(edited)
*edit*

ah forget it.
#270DrakoVongola1Posted 1/16/2013 2:13:23 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
SeBeda posted...
There are no logical arguments against being gay.

There is no logical argument to dislike vegetables but some people hate them. That just a matter of opinion. People can hate other people based on their sexual preferences. I dont see why they cant have their own opinions. The fact that gays tries to shut the people with opinions contrary to what they are or what they think is called censorship.

You are in your rights to hate gay people, just as I am completely in my rights to say you're an awful person who doesn't deserve an opinion. You're no better than racists.
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.