This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your opinion on. . . Bioware's stance on Gay gaming?

#61Ubba84Posted 1/16/2013 1:35:13 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Velvethammer makes a good point, and I would like to know why also. I know theirs been a few changes, but not soo much like from Monkeys to Humans in that time frame.(I think Monkeys to Humans or some animal similar to them)

Again not claiming which side is better or not, just curious.

What you are missing is the concept of speciation. Different species form when one population gets isolated from the other. One of the populations then moves off in a different direction for different reasons such as moving into a different niche and environment.

Lets us use a possible example assuming Ardipithecus was the last common ancestor with Chimps and humans and assume everything I say is just a hypothetical example. This creature was an upright animal that had a chimp sized brain and lived both on the land and in the trees. They were successful and their range expanded across a thousand square miles. A population got across and river at one point but the river was too big to allow for anyother migration across.

One group started becoming more elvolved for the trees and they developed into Chimps. They developed knucklewalking as their arms grew stronger and to aid in moving through the undergrowth. Since they didn't need to develop language, their brains remained relatively the same. They were still quite intelligent.

The other group further developed its bipedalism. It then became a hunter and developed a physical means to chase down prey with highly evolved sweat glands. They developed sophisticated language and culture and their brains grew large.

This is just a glimpse how chimps and humans may have evolved. In this example, we both evolved from the ape Ardipithecus which is possible. It may be that our common ancestor was something before Ardipithecus but it doesn't change how they might speciate.

We didn't evovle from chimps anymore than chimps evovled from us. We both evolved from common ancestors. With dogs, we know from genetics that they all descended from grey wolves yet they evolved into so many different forms. They are still technically the same species but even domestic dogs would speciate if their populations were isolated long enough from each other.
---
PSN: SaucagedogOelie
Yes I did spell sausage wrong, so sue me :-(
#62plo617Posted 1/16/2013 1:46:30 AM(edited)
What is "Gay gaming"? How is gay gaming different than any other kind of gaming?
#63CaptainLukaPosted 1/16/2013 1:49:23 AM
This topic makes me want to watch Supernatural - where all religions are true.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
#64ChargrilledPosted 1/16/2013 1:53:16 AM
I couldnt care less
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#65LenneValkiryePosted 1/16/2013 2:01:49 AM
I think deviant sexuality shouldn't be present in videogames, much like drugs, explicit sexual acts and swearing.
#66ElectricMolePosted 1/16/2013 2:05:14 AM
ZackG31 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

there is no god as there was no Adam and Eve

There was no original man and woman? O really? where did mom and dad's mom and dad's mom and dad originate from?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#67ArronAubinPosted 1/16/2013 2:07:40 AM
ElectricMole posted...
ZackG31 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

There was no original man and woman? O really? where did mom and dad's mom and dad's mom and dad originate from?

The primordial ooze. Evolution. This isn't Harry Potter, dawg.
#68InterzoneMantraPosted 1/16/2013 2:12:08 AM
imo people should live the type of lifestyle they want to live and do whatever they choose to do as long as they aren't hurting anyone.
#69Sum_quod_erisPosted 1/16/2013 2:22:01 AM
This thread has some severely skewed views from some people. I am surprised most of the posters take the common sense route, though.

The religious nuts sound like lunatics after a while.
---
P.S. - I use proper grammar online. (Yes, I'm fully aware of my insanity.)
#70VanderZooPosted 1/16/2013 2:32:24 AM
ElectricMole posted...
ZackG31 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

Actually there was no original man or woman, there was never a point during evolution where you could say "aha! that's the first man and woman". Every animal has belonged to the same species as its parents.

Evolution is too slow a process to make definitive statements such as 'the first man and woman". It's like taking a photo of a baby through to old age every day, in each photo the person looks exactly the same as the photo of the day before, you could never at one individual photo point at the transition of baby to child, child to teenager, teenager to man etc.