This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NRA says violence in games cause violence and then they make a violent game.

#61RyuuHou25Posted 1/16/2013 3:41:58 PM
Lefty128k posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
You know, I have a very simple solution for the gun nuts in the US.

You want to keep your guns, yes? The second ammendment says you have the right to bear arms, carry them, have them, all of that.

Doesn't say a damn thing about having them loaded with ammunition though.

So.....stop selling bullets to the public. Voila.

Aren't you the guy I schooled on national murder rates here?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64980431

Now you're back for more? Okay....

Arms is short for Armament.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/armament

1. The weapons and supplies of war with which a military unit is equipped.
2. All the military forces and war equipment of a country. Often used in the plural.
3. A military force equipped for war.
4. The process of arming for war.

Ammunition obviously counts as "supplies of war" and "war equipment". it is also involved in the "process of arming for war" via loading your weapons.

You schooled me in nothing, as I said in that last thread, I at least have the capacity to admit when I'm wrong. You do not.

Military weapons and equipment: "chemical weapons and other unconventional armaments".
The process of equipping military forces for war.

The public in general, is not the military. The US does not have a public military, it has an actual military. So as I said, ammunition for the military, none for the public.

Besides, if you want to go that route, then what they meant is that the country has the right to a military and to arm them in times of war (as your definition clearly states)

So unless you're claiming that the US is at a constant war with....itself....then you're full of hot air. Again. Big surprise.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#62Lunitik MuzikPosted 1/16/2013 3:44:57 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
I'm all for calling out ignorance and hypocrisy, but their game is in no way violent. Seems to be about as violent as popping soup cans with a pellet gun.

If we're using their logic: The game teaches how to aim, disable, and kill.

Of course, we all know this is complete bull****, but the NRA likes to act like it's true.

There's also the fact that they constantly use the whole "Blame the person, not the object!" argument when gun regulation is brought up, but are very willing to put full blame on video games and other forms of media.
#63NicodimusPosted 1/16/2013 3:48:59 PM
BaseChouGoku posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

You want to keep your guns, yes? The second ammendment says you have the right to bear arms, carry them, have them, all of that.

Chris Rock made a joke about that once in one of his older performances I forget what he said exactly; more about making them really expensive.

But yeah imagine $10 t o$20 a bullet lol.

Did he? Nice, I'll have to see if I can find video of that somewhere *laughs*

"All bullets cost five thousand dollars. You know what that means? No more innocent victims."
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#64BaseChouGokuPosted 1/16/2013 3:52:01 PM
^^ Yep that was it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db0Y4qIZ4PA
#65Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/16/2013 3:54:34 PM
Let's get real the NRA is not about the second amendment. The NRA is basically a lobby group for gun manufacturers/sales. Their policy positions don't align with the majority of their members or Americans.
#66BaseChouGokuPosted 1/16/2013 4:00:48 PM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
Let's get real the NRA is not about the second amendment. The NRA is basically a lobby group for gun manufacturers/sales..

I say this all the time
#67Lefty128kPosted 1/16/2013 5:07:48 PM(edited)
RyuuHou25 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Aren't you the guy I schooled on national murder rates here?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64980431

Now you're back for more? Okay....

Arms is short for Armament.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/armament

1. The weapons and supplies of war with which a military unit is equipped.
2. All the military forces and war equipment of a country. Often used in the plural.
3. A military force equipped for war.
4. The process of arming for war.

Ammunition obviously counts as "supplies of war" and "war equipment". it is also involved in the "process of arming for war" via loading your weapons.

You schooled me in nothing, as I said in that last thread, I at least have the capacity to admit when I'm wrong. You do not.

Military weapons and equipment: "chemical weapons and other unconventional armaments".
The process of equipping military forces for war.

The public in general, is not the military. The US does not have a public military, it has an actual military. So as I said, ammunition for the military, none for the public.

Besides, if you want to go that route, then what they meant is that the country has the right to a military and to arm them in times of war (as your definition clearly states)

So unless you're claiming that the US is at a constant war with....itself....then you're full of hot air. Again. Big surprise.

The fact that you were forced to admit you were wrong proves I schooled you on murder rates. You can try and spin it any way you want. You made false claims, I proved you wrong.

You can concentrate on the word military in those definitons all you want, it doesn't matter. All that means is that citizens have the right to the same arms as the military. And this is only a definition, not a part of the US Constitution.

The US has a "public military" it's called the unorganized militia. Every American male 17-45 years old is automatically a member as are all retired military to the age of 65. Militia act of 1903.

The US does have a right to a military, a temporary one only convened in times of war. And that military does have a right to be armed. I never said otherwise, so you're just trying to swing at balls I didn't even throw.

Your last sentence is a complete failure of logic, reason, and specificity.
#68Lefty128kPosted 1/16/2013 4:31:21 PM
Let's get real the NRA is not about the second amendment. The NRA is basically a lobby group for gun manufacturers/sales. Their policy positions don't align with the majority of their members or Americans.

Feel free to show us the NRA's budget and what portion of donations are from manufacturers vs citizens.
#69PhaseSlaethePosted 1/16/2013 4:42:46 PM
Let's get real the Government is not about the second amendment. The Government is basically a lobby-pandering group.

Quite right.
#70MegaMettaurPosted 1/16/2013 5:39:16 PM
BaseChouGoku posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Chris Rock made a joke about that once in one of his older performances I forget what he said exactly; more about making them really expensive.

But yeah imagine $10 t o$20 a bullet lol.

Yeah he said something like making bullets cost a grand a pop, so no one would be quick to pull ac trigger. It was a great bit, and really true.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2