This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Season passes are a non sense

#11theshovellerPosted 1/16/2013 1:15:21 PM
Wait, are they talking about the same season pass that I am? I'm assuming Season Passes for stuff like Borderlands, Saint's Row, and Darksiders. Are they referring to something like Call of Duty Elite? I think that's a subscription-based service, but don't know for certain - not a big fan of Call of Duty, personally.
#12SophaerLam(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 1:21:42 PM
Dave4202 posted...
SophaerLam posted...
Aren't map packs a better choice ? lets says you pay 60 $ for 5 maps, they will be yours no need to subscribe another year.

When the season pass expires you don't lose last years stuff lol. It's the exact same as buying map packs or add ons, you just pay for them all up front at a reduced rate instead of one at a time for full price.

Ok but why make it a season pass, let us pay 60$ or whatever to let them make there dlc's until no one cares about the current games, why dish out more money for another year isnt 150 $ x the numbers of sales worldwide enough for them to pay there employees to make or re-skin there maps and weapons? What they want to sell us CRACK!?
#13riddlebox89Posted 1/16/2013 1:22:46 PM
SophaerLam posted...
Aren't map packs a better choice ? lets says you pay 60 $ for 5 maps, they will be yours no need to subscribe another year.

Season passes aren't a subscription, you're basically pre-ordering all the DLC the game has coming to it for a lower price than buying them individually, and then you don't have to worry about having to get up off the couch to go buy a PSN card when the DLC comes out if you don't have the wallet funds for it, this way it's done once and over with.

Sure it might seem like a scam to you, but that would only be because the DLC might not be worth it.

Here's an example, lets say Fallout New Vegas had a season pass for say...well I don't pay attention to them so I don't know the standard price for one so lets just say it's $30, now anyone who's played it and bought the DLC for it knows that each big DLC is $15 each, along with some that are $2 to $5 if I remember right, and there's four big DLC packs, so that's $60 plus the other smaller ones for $30, that's hardly something one could call a scam.

And lol at five maps for $60, last I checked CoD map packs were $15 each.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#14Dave4202Posted 1/16/2013 1:29:21 PM
SophaerLam posted...
Dave4202 posted...
SophaerLam posted...

When the season pass expires you don't lose last years stuff lol. It's the exact same as buying map packs or add ons, you just pay for them all up front at a reduced rate instead of one at a time for full price.

Ok but why make it a season pass, let us pay 60$ or whatever to let them make there dlc's until no one cares about the current games, why dish out more money for another year isnt 150 $ x the numbers of sales worldwide enough for them to pay there employees to make or re-skin there maps and weapons? What they want to sell us CRACK!?

There's never been a single game to sell 2 season passes.... You pay the 60$... you get all the DLC they make for that game, that's how it works... maybe you should do a little research before getting all mad about something, then you wouldn't end up saying dumb things like "IT SHOULD BE EXACTLY THE WAY IT IS!!!!"

Your complaining about something you obviously have no actual knowledge about...
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3
#15SophaerLam(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 1:36:02 PM
Im not mad Im SUPER CONFUSED!!
#16NightTerrorX99Posted 1/16/2013 1:36:50 PM
Yet another topic where TC doesn't know what he is talking about.
It was actually quite entertaining seeing this one get beat down in such an orderly manner.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#17Taran_McDohlPosted 1/16/2013 1:41:38 PM
I am not big on DLC....not a fan of it at all...but even i will admit the prices on a season pass would be worth it if i found a game that i just loved and wanted all dlc for.
---
An excuse is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavor of their own incompetence.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#18riddlebox89Posted 1/16/2013 1:48:02 PM
SophaerLam posted...
Im not mad Im SUPER CONFUSED!!

Then take some advice from an expert, don't talk about something as if you know everything about it when the fact is you know nothing.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#19Erupt50Posted 1/16/2013 1:48:34 PM
It's a scam because they promote it and shove it in everyone's face while the game is brand new and everyone is pumped up about it so they buy a season pass. In reality the chances of them actually buying all dlc for the game over the course of year is slim to none. Most people don't play a game all year. But once you commit to the season pass it really doesn't matter if you stop playing the game in 4 months.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#20MuintirPosted 1/16/2013 2:35:08 PM
Dave4202 posted...
SophaerLam posted...
Dave4202 posted...
SophaerLam posted...

There's never been a single game to sell 2 season passes.... You pay the 60$... you get all the DLC they make for that game, that's how it works... maybe you should do a little research before getting all mad about something, then you wouldn't end up saying dumb things like "IT SHOULD BE EXACTLY THE WAY IT IS!!!!"

Your complaining about something you obviously have no actual knowledge about...

you do realize borderlands 2 already has paid dlc that's not included in the season pass right? Gearbox also has plans to release more dlc campaigns that aren't included in the season pass
---
http://i44.tinypic.com/b8jncy.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/r29m5f.jpg