This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Tales of games any good and what are so good about them?

#1Autumn4Posted 1/16/2013 4:58:18 PM
I hear people saying tale of games are good games well I played one for Xbox 360 called The Tale of Despereaux and I didn't like it at all, please don't tell me all Tale of games are like that.
---
Feed me more
#2llaW_EnotsPosted 1/16/2013 5:16:30 PM(edited)
They are too kiddy for me. I've played 2-3 demos and bought one of them for cheap. I'm used to more serious RPGs where the characters aren't giggling and smacking each other for underhanded comments.
#3MegaMettaurPosted 1/16/2013 5:01:29 PM
The tales games are great. It's the battle system that makes it so good. Abyss was the only one that was bad imo.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#4DeGamer81Posted 1/16/2013 5:01:42 PM
Tales games are a mixed bag. Some are good some aren't. If you want a good one play Tales of the Abyss.
#5Super SlashPosted 1/16/2013 5:01:52 PM
Autumn4 posted...
I hear people saying tale of games are good games well I played one for Xbox 360 called The Tale of Despereaux and I didn't like it at all, please don't tell me all Tale of games are like that.

I smell joke topic. Especially since apparently the 360 version of whatever that game is was never released.
#6Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/16/2013 5:02:02 PM
Trolololol. 8/10.
#7PhaseSlaethePosted 1/16/2013 5:02:07 PM
First, TALES.

Second, like the first line alluded to, I'm fairly certain you've NEVER tried a "TALES Of" game.

Have you ever tried Star Ocean? Tales Of games are Star Ocean with FAR more anime.

They are possibly the greatest JRPG in terms of giving you character interactions. Not even Star Ocean gives you the same level of party chatter.

The combat is fine if you like Action RPG, but nothing stellar like people claim it is. It is chock full of "special moves" that are more boring to observe than an inert brick drying on the desert sands. "Cerberus Strike" is just 3 basic jabs, for instance. Star Ocean does this portion better, with the "Killer Moves" or whatever they've been renamed to as the franchise went on.

The stories are rarely ever worth writing home about. They are usually decent in terms of a JRPG, but nothing WOW.

Characters are...a grab bag. For every one good character in the game, you probably have 10 who will make you wish your heart would combust.
#8Super SlashPosted 1/16/2013 5:02:52 PM
llaW_Enots posted...
They are too kiddy for me. I've played 2-3 demos and bought one of them for cheap. I'm used to more serious RPGs where the characters are giggling and smacking each other for underhanded comments.

lol, kiddy? They get pretty dark at times. Go play Tales of the Abyss and get past the factory and tell me it's kiddy.
#9Super SlashPosted 1/16/2013 5:05:05 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Have you ever tried Star Ocean? Tales Of games are Star Ocean with FAR more anime.

Tales also happens to be a million times better, if SO4 is any indication.
#10Autumn4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 5:05:34 PM
The only true Tales of game I ever played and owned was on PS2 called Tales of Legendia
---
Feed me more