This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RPG's with unique leveling systems or classic D&D...

#1LeSituasianPosted 1/16/2013 4:59:05 PM
In terms of unique I definitely need to get my hands on mass effect, however I'm looking for RPG's with innovative leveling systems i.e. FFX sphere system or FFVII, or even Dark Cloud (somewhat in terms of item inventing).

or B) Classic D&D style (I'm sure the first one that comes to mind is skyrim)
pick a class/race that has certain abilities and then upgrade stats like intelligence, etc... from there.
---
hey there
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 1/16/2013 5:03:39 PM
Demon and Dark Souls for the latter.

I don't know how I can answer the first. It really isn't as "innovative" as you implied, but that feature isn't exactly widespread.
#3LeSituasian(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 5:06:22 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...

I don't know how I can answer the first. It really isn't as "innovative" as you implied, but that feature isn't exactly widespread.

I just wiki'd demon souls - I'm not sure I like the idea of loot based... I just bought diablo 3 a while back and didn't really enjoy it, along with Path of Exile and can't seem to enjoy loot based games. Unless it's not "RNG" focused.
---
hey there
#4GwynsSonSolairePosted 1/16/2013 5:31:55 PM
LeSituasian posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...

I just wiki'd demon souls - I'm not sure I like the idea of loot based... I just bought diablo 3 a while back and didn't really enjoy it, along with Path of Exile and can't seem to enjoy loot based games. Unless it's not "RNG" focused.

LOL They are not loot based at all. (in a randomized diablo sense)

Play dark souls, its the best RPG of all time
#5lostkiwiPosted 1/16/2013 5:37:14 PM
Dragons Dogma is kind of like the second one.

Your stats are automatically given depending on what Vocation (Class) you are at the time of levelling.

You can mix and match Vocations as you like. So, for example, you can level as a Mage for a while, where you'll have a more magic focused stat gain, and then swap to a Warrior. where you'll have a more melee focused stat gain.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#6jrr18Posted 1/16/2013 5:38:37 PM
The elder scrolls games have a unique leveling system.
---
Victory over the 2013 Capcom the game demon through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#7lostkiwiPosted 1/16/2013 5:40:19 PM
LeSituasian posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...

Other than perhaps your primary weapon, loot only plays a minor part in Dark Souls. There isn't really any uber gear as such, especially for armour.

It's a great game, and if you're a RPG fan you're almost doing yourself a disservice in not playing it.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#8SieKensouPosted 1/16/2013 5:45:34 PM
Tales of Graces

Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Hearts

Soul Sacrifice (if it counts)

Tales of Innocence

hm... a lot of tales games in the list...

Valkyria Chronicles

Valkyrie Profile 2

i'm not sure but does Agarest have a unique levelling system?

then Ar Tonelico uses the cosmosphere... if that counts

Mana Khemia and Mana Khemia 2... too bad there's only japanese versions of these.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#9EspicaGFPosted 1/16/2013 5:57:49 PM
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age 2
Fallout games
#10MegaMettaurPosted 1/16/2013 6:19:46 PM(edited)
You'll like ff10's leveling system.

Edit: should have read the first post.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2