This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guys I'm terrible at the Devil May Cry series but really want to finish it

#1king_gimpyPosted 1/16/2013 5:36:13 PM
Any tips?

Should I just lose enough to unlock easy my first time through them? Somehow the offer to play easy has never come up in the original game.
---
A New Messiah, Another Lie
A New Messiah, To Be Denied
#2LordChewbaccaPosted 1/16/2013 5:39:11 PM
Do you want to finish it for completion sake or because you actually enjoy it? And which one are you playing?
#3wstfldPosted 1/16/2013 5:43:39 PM(edited)
Fight through it. With DMC, Bayonetta, and NG type games, it will just click eventually like you're Neo. You'll get it.
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilzation V, FTL
#4king_gimpy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 5:47:27 PM
Do you want to finish it for completion sake or because you actually enjoy it? And which one are you playing?

For the story, I don't care about getting all the trophies or completing DMD mode. The first game currently.
---
#5LordChewbaccaPosted 1/16/2013 6:21:15 PM
Well I'll admit your in for a rough ride if it's your first time through and even worse if you're not very good at these types of games. For tips however I'd make sure to never buy healing items and go for health blue orbs instead that permanently increase your health. And to just my personal choice Air raid should be a top priority move to buy for it's sheer power against anything that gets in your way and stinger for the mobility and general usefulness.

My first time through was pretty rough but after getting air raid and a lot of purple orbs bosses turned to simply being creatures with a lot of health. If you want to cheese the game once you get the grenade launcher you can just spam shooting then roll to recover quickly rinse and repeat t'ill devil trigger is full and Air raid spam <.<. It'll kill some of the fun but if you just want the story that's the easiest way.
#6namethatno1usesPosted 1/16/2013 6:35:21 PM
First time I played DMC1, I died 4 times in the first stage. I just mashed attack. It offers you Easy if you die in the first 2 stages enough times.

Still, stay on normal. Easy takes away control and uses auto combos. And that makes the game very boring and annoying. Normal and above needs memorizing enemy attack patterns. Hear a twirling sound? Jump/roll away. Abuse the shotgun and the grenade gun.

+Tip: Pause a bit after 2 slashes for a 4 slash combo. Very useful, and if I recall correctly, it's not in the game manual. Pretty wtf.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#7king_gimpy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 10:05:08 PM
First time I played DMC1, I died 4 times in the first stage. I just mashed attack. It offers you Easy if you die in the first 2 stages enough times.

Still, stay on normal. Easy takes away control and uses auto combos. And that makes the game very boring and annoying. Normal and above needs memorizing enemy attack patterns. Hear a twirling sound? Jump/roll away. Abuse the shotgun and the grenade gun.

+Tip: Pause a bit after 2 slashes for a 4 slash combo. Very useful, and if I recall correctly, it's not in the game manual. Pretty wtf.

Thanks for the tip. I've gotten more A rank combos now than I ever did before. Also is farming orbs a wise strategy? I'm trying to buy blue orbs while also buying Dante's moves and some cost a lot.
---