This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ball is officially in Sony's court yard... Bioware dev says "720 is not

#21Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:15:51 PM
Motsu posted...
wstfld posted...
And other devs said neither of them will be able to match the Wii-U.

who in the world said that?

Son of a...

I can't remember who, and I can't find the article.... I read something about some developer checking out the next Xbox and PS systems and claiming them not to be as good or something. I swear it was like.... Ubisoft or something, but I can't for the life of me remember.

Not true... Sony has a huge embargo mandate on the orbis. In fact, the dev kits aren't even finalized yet. They basically were just a grafix card and pc. Not one developer has, to date, been able to speak about orbis or ps4. Not one.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#22FISTY919Posted 1/16/2013 7:18:20 PM
"For the next generation there will be quite a big leap, but it won't be as obvious,"

It was a generalisation about next gen, not any specific hardware
#23Devilman_AmonPosted 1/16/2013 7:21:26 PM
digidevilwil posted...
Looks like Microsoft got smart as hell and understands that current specs are rarely ever being fully tapped, so hopefully they are working on providing a more robust gaming experience instead of putting out a machine that's potential will go wasted.

PS3 is easily going down as the most under utilized console ever. Hopefully PS4 goes back to being a real and genuine platform like the PS1/PS2 were.

Thanks to XBox and stupid PC ports mostly
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#24Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:22:10 PM
FISTY919 posted...
"For the next generation there will be quite a big leap, but it won't be as obvious,"

It was a generalisation about next gen, not any specific hardware

I might be drama queen...
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
#25Draconas_LyrrPosted 1/16/2013 7:25:08 PM
I'm only getting the PS4 next gen anyways. My 360 and Wii both turned into expensive paper weights. I'm not wasting the money on the other two consoles this time around.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#26s0uR ToFuPosted 1/16/2013 7:42:13 PM
could some1 please elaborate on the under utilization of ps3, which games push ps3? thanks
---
http://shoe-nuff.blogspot.com, http://life-on-ten.tumblr.com
#27Lelouch71Posted 1/16/2013 7:49:05 PM
I don't think either will be going for a huge jump just like Nintendo. Well the Wii U is a huge jump from the Wii at least. But I don't think Sony or MS are dumb enough to repeat the same mistake as the PS3. If Sony were dumb enough to do another $600+ system they deserve to fail as far as I'm concern.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#28Ninkyo893Posted 1/16/2013 9:38:18 PM
s0uR ToFu posted...
could some1 please elaborate on the under utilization of ps3, which games push ps3? thanks

This could be conjecture on my part, but I believe it comes down to the hardware difficulties that developers found with the PS3. Companies like Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream seem to have taken the time to learn how to develop and program properly with the PS3 hardware, making for better games. (usually exclusives) Whereas a company like Bioware or Bethesda might feel that it doesn't need to relegate extra production time or resources to deal with the learning curve, and we get glitchy versions of games that run smoother on other formats.
---
"Once upon a time in the West, there were men like this. They were not noble; they were not heroic. They simply were."
PSN: Ninkyodo893
#29Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/16/2013 10:04:26 PM
It's not going to matter - 90% of games are still going to be multiplatform because that's what you have to do in order to make money now, so the differences will only be in exclusives. Big jumps mean big costs, which means big risk - only the very largest AAA studios will be able to afford making them which will mean they'll be even rarer than they were this gen.
#30Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 10:15:13 PM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
It's not going to matter - 90% of games are still going to be multiplatform because that's what you have to do in order to make money now, so the differences will only be in exclusives. Big jumps mean big costs, which means big risk - only the very largest AAA studios will be able to afford making them which will mean they'll be even rarer than they were this gen.

I still wanna believe in the almighty sony... can I?
---