This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Spelunker Collection Out Today on the JPN Store

#11Evil_GogetaPosted 1/17/2013 11:51:25 PM
Picked this up yesterday morning.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#12PHEEliNUXPosted 1/17/2013 11:55:16 PM
Spelunker is ...meh, I tried the game and it is good, But... it is awkward, I don't think it worth 13$ Though.
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#13Seifer_us(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:10:46 AM
I'm pretty happy with myself at the moment. I managed to get second place on the leaderboard for the original game and I'm pretty confident I can take first if I stick with it. Granted, there's only like 300 people playing this game, but still...
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#14SayoriaPosted 1/18/2013 7:07:51 AM
Seifer_us posted...
Hmm? Spelunker HD is totally separate from this.

But you said that it is a collection that includes the "console port".... by that, I thought you meant Minna De Spelunker/Spelunker HD.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#15Seifer_us(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:11:30 AM
Motsu posted...
Seifer_us posted...

But you said that it is a collection that includes the "console port".... by that, I thought you meant Minna De Spelunker/Spelunker HD.

The original is the old floppy disc game by Tim Martin. The console port was the version made for the NES / Famicom by Irem.
---
#16SayoriaPosted 1/18/2013 7:19:03 AM
Seifer_us posted...
Motsu posted...
Seifer_us posted...

The original is the old floppy disc game by Tim Martin. The console port was the version made for the NES / Famicom by Irem.

Oh, so it is the NES one. Okay. Huh...... I dunno then. Maybe. I have Black and Minna, so going for the collection FOR the collection would be ideal, but I dunno.
---
#17Evil_GogetaPosted 1/18/2013 7:21:30 AM
Motsu posted...
Seifer_us posted...
Motsu posted...
Seifer_us posted...

Oh, so it is the NES one. Okay. Huh...... I dunno then. Maybe. I have Black and Minna, so going for the collection FOR the collection would be ideal, but I dunno.

It is not worth it imo, good game but I would stick with MdS and Black. I paid for this btw.
---
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#18SayoriaPosted 1/18/2013 7:32:09 AM
Evil_Gogeta posted...
Motsu posted...
Seifer_us posted...
Motsu posted...
Seifer_us posted...

It is not worth it imo, good game but I would stick with MdS and Black. I paid for this btw.

I kinda had a feeling pushing me away from it personally myself. Glad to see my hesitation was right if it isn't really worth it.
---
#19Evil_GogetaPosted 1/18/2013 7:35:46 AM
Motsu posted...
I kinda had a feeling pushing me away from it personally myself. Glad to see my hesitation was right if it isn't really worth it.

Good collection but from what you were saying, I believe you that it isnt worth it (you would only be paying for trophies) as its the older games in a pack (similar to the current Spelunker remakes).
---
#20Seifer_us(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:12:21 AM
I thought it was well worth the money, and if you don't get all the trophies in free play mode (you can't rank on the leaderboards in free mode) and play them normally it will last you a good, long while.

Granted, I guess if you weren't gung-ho enough about Spelunker HD to do the EX Areas, then you probably wouldn't be interested in this either.

I'm a Spelunker NUT. I play it more often than any other PS3 game I own.
---