This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS1 classic - Dark Forces, worth it? Some questions.

#1Jon_GodPosted 1/16/2013 7:27:38 PM
I used to play this game ages ago on my mac, but I never tried the PS1 version. The concept of playing it on the go on my Vita sounds appealing, and I was wondering what the controls are, if they are remappable, and if this is a decent port of the game if I can no longer play if on my computer?

Thanks
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#2OfficeChairPosted 1/16/2013 7:30:11 PM
Is that the Star Wars game? It's very Dukemy but it's not like that's a bad thing.
---
this topic is ruined
[i really hate classic rock]
#3theshovellerPosted 1/16/2013 8:49:11 PM
Jon_God posted...
I used to play this game ages ago on my mac, but I never tried the PS1 version. The concept of playing it on the go on my Vita sounds appealing, and I was wondering what the controls are, if they are remappable, and if this is a decent port of the game if I can no longer play if on my computer?

Thanks

I think the Steam version comes with DOSBox, and probably costs the same, so it'll work on your computer (assuming your computer still works, and is from anytime in the last 15 years.) I'd highly recommend getting it for that, unless the portability thing is the biggest perk for you.
#4Jon_God(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 9:40:12 AM
theshoveller posted...
Jon_God posted...

Thanks

I think the Steam version comes with DOSBox, and probably costs the same, so it'll work on your computer (assuming your computer still works, and is from anytime in the last 15 years.) I'd highly recommend getting it for that, unless the portability thing is the biggest perk for you.

Honestly, I didn't have the urge to play it again until I thought about playing it on the go. Also, it'd be cool to play it on the TV.
---
#5theshovellerPosted 1/17/2013 9:42:01 AM
Jon_God posted...
theshoveller posted...
Jon_God posted...

Thanks

Honestly, I didn't have the urge to play it again until I thought about playing it on the go. Also, it'd be cool to play it on the TV.

Eh, go for the PS1 thingy then, since it gives you what you're looking for. Not sure how it controls, but I'd imagine it'd be more like older shooters, where strafing is less the "norm" and turning is most likely mapped on the same stick / pad as forward and backwards movement.
#6Jon_God(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:50:58 PM
Thanks, I may well go for it.

Anyone know the controls though? I really would dislike not having mapable controls if the turning and moving are the same joystick.
---
#7Jon_God(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:20:20 PM
One final bump, I if no on knows, I will just take the plunge once PSN Store is back up.
---