This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the general opnion on " SkullGirls? "

#1BuffyCanSlayitPosted 1/17/2013 1:31:32 AM
I do enjoy me some fighting games. And I cant help but really enjoy how SkullGirls looks. But, i put time into SF4:AE, and kinda really like to stick with one game. I enjoyed Persona 4 Arena, when i briefly played it. Marvel is always good. But my heart lies with SF.

Anyway, What did you guys think of SkullGirls? I could see myself getting into it as a legit second fighter. But, im afraid i might not enjoy it as much as:

Street Fighter ( 3, AE )
Arcana Heart 3
Persona 4 Arena
Marvel

Anyway, please share your experience with this game. Thanks.
---
SF4AE: Dictator. Also Playing: Silent Hill: Downpour & Pokemon White 2.
PSN: Joneal18
#2MegaMettaurPosted 1/17/2013 1:44:34 AM
Pretty much it's acceptable anywhere that isn't Shoryuken.com. Everyone there hates on what ever isn't Marvel vs Capcom or Street Fighter.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#3RomangeloPosted 1/17/2013 1:45:32 AM
TOO DAMN HARD

that's about it.

don't waste your money for a game that won't let you pass the first stage.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#4StarDestinyGuyPosted 1/17/2013 1:48:39 AM
It's great. Very fun, varied characters, tons of personality, and great music.

TOO DAMN HARD

that's about it.

lol what?

You couldn't get past the first stage?
---
"What's the point of playing video games if they're not shooters?" - Person I know IRL
# of people depressed by this: 247
#5Kage_AM2Posted 1/17/2013 1:49:39 AM
It's an interesting game. It has it's own unique feel to it. It's very reset heavy. If you play against someone good at the game you'll get reset to hell and back and feel hopeless.
#6RomanBlade00Posted 1/17/2013 1:50:40 AM
Despite the good reviews I passed on this one during the Playstation Plus sale. I also thought I would not enjoy it as much as the other big budget fighting games.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#7BaseChouGokuPosted 1/17/2013 1:54:11 AM
Romangelo posted...
TOO DAMN HARD

that's about it.

It got patched didn't you know? Well now you know....
#8BuffyCanSlayit(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:54:56 AM
I kinda heard that Mike Z butchered the game, and it didn't live up to anything he promised.
---
SF4AE: Dictator. Also Playing: Silent Hill: Downpour & Pokemon White 2.
PSN: Joneal18
#9stalepie29Posted 1/17/2013 2:05:07 AM
I'm terrible at fighters, but the graphics and music and character design really amazed me. Nice lighting effects too. Story parts seemed lackluster or should have been cut. I can see the complaints that it doesn't have enough fighers, and the character select screen is strangely tiny (small squares). But it feels very American and different and worth it at the price it's set at.
#10stalepie29Posted 1/17/2013 2:06:57 AM
It's not a big studio product but an indie title. It's pretty amazing for what it is. Michiru Yamane did the music too. She used to do Castlevania.