This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC Metacritc is an 86 right, so why is the User review a 3.5???

#111BeknessPosted 1/17/2013 7:39:37 AM
ShaunageAU posted...
... but apparently that's not what this topic is about any more.

I like your username. I don't think that'd go well with my name. I get called Bekness and Bekmonster Bekage doesn't sound right. >_>
---
You've got the dream but not the drive.
#112BeknessPosted 1/17/2013 7:41:11 AM
killak posted...
it's funny. I usually make as much eye contact as possible, so they now they're not dealing with someone who will just look at the ground in fear. Nothing wrong with it, but people like that choose their victims. For example: The elderly.

I've even told people to flatout not speak to me, because they just go on and on with bulls*** stories.

Yeah but I'm a wuss and hate confrontation. But yeah, they pick on weak targets. I can't imagine not being able to drive, though. I saw this woman today waiting with her son on her lap at a bus station, it's a million degrees out and I'm just like, poor thing.. =(

I feel like playing flatout now. >_>
---
You've got the dream but not the drive.
#113glory of power metalPosted 1/17/2013 7:41:54 AM
lol 40 positive, 2 neutral from critics

132 positive, 7 neutral, 269 negative from users

Why would people even look at user reviews if it's that much of a joke? It's like "let's see how well the game is actually received, 86%, ok not bad. Now let's see how many basement dwellers felt the need to vent about the fact that it was made."
---
i7 Quad 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#114theshovellerPosted 1/17/2013 7:45:39 AM
At least it's not like when RE6 came out and users gave it a 0.1 score, which implies the game is unplayable due to being literally broken and non-functioning with bugs. Not liking it is one thing, but giving a rating of "literally unplayable no matter what" to a game you don't like is being overly harsh, and only furthers that people nowadays only view things in two extremes.
#115GendoKunPosted 1/17/2013 7:46:01 AM
When the disparity between Critic and User reviews on Metacritic is that large, I consider it tampering. It just reinforces that I have to evaluate for myself. I put slightly more stock in Gamefaqs user reviews, since they do have to go through a submission process that weeds out some of the trolling. All in all, I'm still interested in trying the game.
---
I'm a pessimist. I see the glass half empty...and kill the *censored* drinking half my milk...
#116frohanPosted 1/17/2013 7:46:30 AM
BTW, I get tired of all of the people that say things like "you haven't even played it" As an original fan of the series, I don't have to. The trailer was enough for me to see that what I loved about the game was gone and that they were catering to this new generation of mainstream gamers. Leaving hardcore gamers to fend for themselves. But the game was dead to me as soon as I heard the team behind it, those guys couldn't make a good game to save their lives. But still not the point. If they took Twilight, and named it "Buffy" and named all of the characters after Buffy characters, then I wouldn't have to watch it to know that it sucked. Because I know my characters and I know that those are not them. I know a downgrade when I see one. Plus my brother got a free copy and said that it the fact that it was free still didn't make up for the time he wasted. He said that the game is soooo easy compared to the others, which is sad because those weren't even hard to me. I don't need my hand held when I play video games, I didn't start playing at Modern Warfare 4, I started playing at Mario/Duck Hunt when I was 3. Gaming is becoming like the music industry and Capcom is becoming MTV and this game is Jersey Shore.
#117ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/17/2013 7:47:55 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
The users reviews are from but hurt fanboys that never played the game... That's all it is.

The professional reviews are paid.

What's your point?
#118killakPosted 1/17/2013 7:50:03 AM
BTW, I get tired of all of the people that say things like "you haven't even played it" As an original fan of the series, I don't have to. The trailer was enough for me to see that what I loved about the game was gone and that they were catering to this new generation of mainstream gamers. Leaving hardcore gamers to fend for themselves. But the game was dead to me as soon as I heard the team behind it, those guys couldn't make a good game to save their lives. But still not the point. If they took Twilight, and named it "Buffy" and named all of the characters after Buffy characters, then I wouldn't have to watch it to know that it sucked. Because I know my characters and I know that those are not them. I know a downgrade when I see one. Plus my brother got a free copy and said that it the fact that it was free still didn't make up for the time he wasted. He said that the game is soooo easy compared to the others, which is sad because those weren't even hard to me. I don't need my hand held when I play video games, I didn't start playing at Modern Warfare 4, I started playing at Mario/Duck Hunt when I was 3. Gaming is becoming like the music industry and Capcom is becoming MTV and this game is Jersey Shore.

Try to learn the term "yeah. It's not for me. I prefer the original styling"

your declaration about the game being crap, is so deliberately forced that it just makes you look foolish. You don't have to like it, but it doesn't make it a crap game.
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#119ChargrilledPosted 1/17/2013 8:06:42 AM
Because the new dante doesnt have long girly white hair.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#120theshovellerPosted 1/17/2013 8:06:49 AM
killak posted...

Try to learn the term "yeah. It's not for me. I prefer the original styling"

your declaration about the game being crap, is so deliberately forced that it just makes you look foolish. You don't have to like it, but it doesn't make it a crap game.

I tend to agree with Killak on a lot of things. This is one of those things. I don't like Madden games, but that doesn't make it a crap game by virtue of it being Madden, which I don't like.