This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC Metacritc is an 86 right, so why is the User review a 3.5???

#121ValedictorianXDPosted 1/17/2013 8:08:21 AM
king_madden posted...
lambchips posted...
its like CoD all over again... critics liked the game, but everyone else didnt

more like most critics and gamers like the game, but gamefaqs gamers tend to say they dont like it.

usually whats the majority here isnt the majority in the real world. not to mention people here will post low reviews just because they want to troll the game. gamefaqs is usually not a good place to get a good view of what a good game is.

Critics have gotten it wrong before. Diablo 3, anyone?
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#122MalifacentXPosted 1/17/2013 8:24:00 AM
I'm willing to bet this is simply a case of a majority of user reviews being written by those who've played nothing more than the demo and still love their OLD Dante.

Nostalgia blinders.
---
PSN: TharkChieftain
You are a lightbulb assassin. ~Tmac2035 on "Splinter Cell"
#123albanianx1Posted 1/17/2013 8:33:52 AM
its like CoD all over again... critics liked the game, but everyone else didnt
Most of the people did like the game. However the ones that usually go on the site, the ones who are a little too desperate for attention voted it so low. I bet most people who gave both DmC and esp COD scored of 5 or lower didn't play the games at all or at most once.

A lot of those gamers, are some of the most pathetic people I've seen. I wish there was a way to send the back a few decades without computers, then they might actually have time to make real life friends rather than just their internet.
---
Bayern Munich is the strongest club in the world
PSN: eaglespirit
#124superbowl54Posted 1/17/2013 8:42:58 AM
the vast majority of the low scores can be attributed to whiny losers who are upset Dante doesn't look like an anime character anymore (within 5 posts, there will be one person who will act like it isn't true, but it is, the outrage has been going on since the very first reveal). That vast majority has also not actually played it, it's why user reviews are a joke (another good example of this was the idiotic "outrage" over the ending to ME3). There are definitely some faults to the game, but nothing anywhere near as bad as to warrant a 2 or less.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena,, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles
#125drclaeysPosted 1/17/2013 8:45:26 AM
Friends,

Why? Bribes, favors, kickbacks, corruption, greed.

For some reason, maybe the ones above, Official reviewers seem to like the game. They seem ok with the reboot. But many long time fans of the game, are not groovy with a reboot. ( yep, groovy).

maybe in a few weeks, the paid reviewers will calm down and move on, and the normal glut of players can give it a once over. it does sound like a good game, if you can get ever the reboot feeling.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#126HomerSimpson89Posted 1/17/2013 8:45:41 AM
Because it sucks like Cod
#127MalifacentXPosted 1/17/2013 9:00:23 AM
drclaeys posted...
Friends,

Why? Bribes, favors, kickbacks, corruption, greed.

For some reason, maybe the ones above, Official reviewers seem to like the game. They seem ok with the reboot. But many long time fans of the game, are not groovy with a reboot. ( yep, groovy).

maybe in a few weeks, the paid reviewers will calm down and move on, and the normal glut of players can give it a once over. it does sound like a good game, if you can get ever the reboot feeling.

Thank you for sharing.

I disagree entirely. I LOVED the original franchise, am in no way affiliated with the gaming industry, and was excited by the thought of a fresh take. Everything I've played so far has been a thrill ride. I enjoy the art design, the sound design, and the gameplay. People thought Heath Ledger was going to make for a terrible Joker as well, until they ACTUALLY saw the film. People thought there was no way Mark Ruffalo could replace Edward Norton as The Incredible Hulk, yet he was a highlight of the film.
---
PSN: TharkChieftain
You are a lightbulb assassin. ~Tmac2035 on "Splinter Cell"
#128theshovellerPosted 1/17/2013 9:07:38 AM
MalifacentX posted...
People thought there was no way Mark Ruffalo could replace Edward Norton as The Incredible Hulk, yet he was a highlight of the film.

I uh... I still think Norton would have made a better Banner. He has that right amount of meekness to his appearance, yet he can pull off that "Okay, now I play Hackey-sack with your head" look when he goes to Hulk out. Still, I don't shout it from the rooftops or anything.

I honestly see the Dante redesign as nothing more than a Western company doing their take on Dante and the DMC universe. You'd see the same "atrocities" if a Western comic character were handed off to the Japanese - hell, just look at Witchblade for that one.
#129RollingCradlePosted 1/17/2013 9:08:57 AM
^this guy gets it.
#130hockeybub89Posted 1/17/2013 10:00:44 AM
Metacritic user reviews are pretty much the most unreliable thing ever. If a game isn't getting a blind 10, it's getting 2 or below for some ridiculous reason. Dishonored for PS3 had a 0.8 userscore for a while because people were mad over Skyrim glitches. I literally read reviews along the lines of "I never played/ I enjoyed Dishonored but Bethesda released Skyrim with bugs so I want to help bankrupt them by giving all Bethesda games terrible scores." Anything below a 4 is pretty much not a legitimate score for anything. I would have a hard time giving most games I hate below a 5 because they aren't usually fundamentally broken, just not enjoyable to me.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica