This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC Metacritc is an 86 right, so why is the User review a 3.5???

#151methosagainPosted 1/17/2013 1:35:07 PM
I like the new DMC, I just do not consider it an actual DMC game, if this was a new IP it would be one of the best this gen
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#152theshovellerPosted 1/17/2013 1:36:00 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Spare me.

Anyone else picture that Chappelle's Show skit with Prince in it as they read this?

Anyway, I think it's nice to be able to read "The Story of Greer" a few posts up. Now I know his humble origins! It's like reading about Lex Luthor, or something.
#153RampantBlattPosted 1/17/2013 1:37:15 PM
methosagain posted...
I like the new DMC, I just do not consider it an actual DMC game, if this was a new IP it would be one of the best this gen

THIS.

Call it Limbo.

Make the "protagonist" cast some kind of ex-orphan assortment from an asylum for "special" kids.

Make the "antagonist" side...well, as long as you take out the DMC stuff, it is largely alright.

Make up your own action because you didn't do DMC's action any favors.

And there you go. It'd be fine. The game IS fine. But it "is" a DMC title, and thus has to be compared to them. Which is where it fails.
#154methosagainPosted 1/17/2013 1:43:53 PM
theshoveller posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Spare me.

Anyone else picture that Chappelle's Show skit with Prince in it as they read this?

Anyway, I think it's nice to be able to read "The Story of Greer" a few posts up. Now I know his humble origins! It's like reading about Lex Luthor, or something.

They skip the part where like an homeless Bum he moved to Hawaii because he was an utter failure within the Continental US and could not find a job, and he gets to Hi and is still miserable because no one likes him there. Leave it to this Haole to move to freaking Hi, and too be miserable there.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#155CrimsonGear80Posted 1/17/2013 2:06:46 PM
But it "is" a DMC title, and thus has to be compared to them

Why? It's a reboot.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#156NovaKaneXPosted 1/17/2013 2:07:49 PM
its like CoD all over again... critics liked the game, but DMC fanboys didnt

Fixed for accuracy.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/f50jfr.jpg
Cot damn!
#157RampantBlattPosted 1/17/2013 2:07:54 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
But it "is" a DMC title, and thus has to be compared to them

Why? It's a reboot.

Doesn't mean you can decide to not even match up to the last game in the series.

Reboot isn't synonymous with "do whatever the balls you want. It is going to be cool with the fans who are right to believe this series never needed a reboot"
#158CrimsonGear80Posted 1/17/2013 2:10:26 PM
Doesn't mean you can decide to not even match up to the last game in the series.

Which was DMC4, and personally I think it's a tad bit better.

Reboot isn't synonymous with "do whatever the balls you want. It is going to be cool with the fans who are right to believe this series never needed a reboot"

Yeah, it's not....unless that's what you think it means.

But i guess if you don't want to give the game a fair chance....
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
#159RampantBlattPosted 1/17/2013 2:11:31 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Which was DMC4, and personally I think it's a tad bit better.

Yeah, it's not....unless that's what you think it means.

But i guess if you don't want to give the game a fair chance....

I did.

And it is a BAD game because by all intents and purposes, it IS a DMC title.

Which it FAILS at being.

Had the game not used DMC as a coat, it would have been fine. 3.5 sounds about right.
#160CrimsonGear80Posted 1/17/2013 2:12:15 PM
SomnusNemoris posted...

mcsmellington posted...

That sounds like a story worth sharing :)

Well there's nothing more to it. Greer was invited to join our forum, because back then, even though he was an emo whiny b****, it wasn't anywhere close to the degree it is now, and in fact, I'm sure what occurred on our site is the catalyst that led him to the absolute pathetic existence he is today.

See, Killak shared his thoughts on an ostensibly bargain bin game and declared it worth checking out, to which Greer came in stamping his feet like the child he is, telling Killak to stop recommending bad games, etc.

Eventually, we all piled on Greer as a whiner, to which he replied that it's not his fault as his step-dad was a mean Christian guy who abused him... with shouting at him, and stuff.

Anyway, it wasn't long before Greer PM'd one of the members he must have assessed to be a shoulder to cry on, a poster named Hollywood, whom Greer stated that one day he would end his life to and it was only a matter of time. Big mistake. Hollywood showed not an ounce of sensitivity and told Greer to f*** off and do it and never bother him in private messages again.

That really sent Greer over the edge, because he started creating alts (yes, ALTS on an unknown, tiny, irrelevant forum on the internet) to "get back" at us, and being an admin, I simply banned him over and over, even though he kept returning. This led him to throw tantrums here, saying it's a piece of s*** forum full of bullies, etc, and ever since, Greer has been like he has here (sorry about that).

Speaking of Greer, it looks like his new account may be coming sooner rather than later....
---