This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC Metacritc is an 86 right, so why is the User review a 3.5???

#161theshovellerPosted 1/17/2013 2:12:50 PM
RampantBlatt posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
But it "is" a DMC title, and thus has to be compared to them

Why? It's a reboot.

Doesn't mean you can decide to not even match up to the last game in the series.

Reboot isn't synonymous with "do whatever the balls you want. It is going to be cool with the fans who are right to believe this series never needed a reboot"

I didn't think Castlevania needed a reboot, but they gave it one with Lords of Shadow. They just do it sometimes.

I'm kind of happy they're rebooting Tomb Raider, though. It started off like Raiders of the Lost Arc, but by Underworld it was giving off a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull vibe.
#162CrimsonGear80Posted 1/17/2013 2:14:00 PM
And it is a BAD game because by all intents and purposes, it IS a DMC title.

Which it FAILS at being.

If that's what you think.

As someone who has played every DMC game since the franchise started, I think it fits in just fine. if no one told you Ninja Theory made this game, you'd think Capcom themselves made it.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#163king_maddenPosted 1/17/2013 3:05:03 PM
so just so i understand, gamers cry and whine about having too many games that are ripoffs, or takes ideas from other games, or that are just like other games in general, but then when a game like this comes out you are upset because its NOT like the other games in the series?

welcome to crazy world...
#164agrissaPosted 1/17/2013 3:09:19 PM
Gamers know best!
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#165tonyalmaeda(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:31:03 PM
"Spare me"

Spare you what exactly?

"Which was DMC4, and personally I think it's a tad bit better."

A tad better than DMC4 Huh?? The game that only gets bad reviews because of the backtracking. Why do you say its a tab better? I pressume youve beaten the game by now since youve already deemed it better than DMC4. Explain??
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#166tonyalmaeda(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:33:55 PM
"Yeah, that one change royally irked me. They pretty much removed one of that actor's two appearances in the whole series from the movies. You know, without his helmet on. Don't know about the music thing, though."

Me and my bro were shocked when we saw that ending. But I dont now if you were old enough to remember but The original stars had different music when they were celebrating at the end. Small but that erced me too.
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#167burns112233Posted 1/17/2013 3:43:40 PM
I'm going to buy DmC, so that Capcom makes a sequel and so that the hardcore fans become more butthurt.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/24giwhs.png
#168ManuKesnaPosted 1/17/2013 3:44:46 PM
I'm going to buy DmC, so that Capcom makes a sequel and so that the hardcore fans become more butthurt.

i am going to buy DmC because it looks fun, i am not as sad and immature as you :)
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#169PhaseSlaethePosted 1/17/2013 3:45:06 PM
king_madden posted...
so just so i understand, gamers cry and whine about having too many games that are ripoffs, or takes ideas from other games, or that are just like other games in general, but then when a game like this comes out you are upset because its NOT like the other games in the series?

welcome to crazy world...

If you are going to reboot a series, you should at least be respectful to what the series STARTED.

You should also be respectful to your god damn fans, which Tameem could care less about.
#170burns112233Posted 1/17/2013 3:46:28 PM
ManuKesna posted...

i am going to buy DmC because it looks fun, i am not as sad and immature as you :)

This guy is really butthurt
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/24giwhs.png