This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC Metacritc is an 86 right, so why is the User review a 3.5???

#171GiftedACIIIPosted 1/17/2013 3:49:59 PM
Rezzman posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Rezzman posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
RomanBlade00 posted...
Many professional reviewers are most likely afraid to give it a low score since this is such a huge game in the industry right now.

Tell that to Resident Evil 6.

It was developed by a non-Nintendo Japanese company. Of course critics weren't afraid of giving it low scores.

Deadly Prominition

*Premonition

...And the reviews for Deadly Premonition were very mixed. A better example would have been Dark Souls. (Though that still got 7/10s for being "too hard")

What? Dark Souls was highly recieved by both critics and players alike.
#172tonyalmaeda(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 4:06:00 PM
"I like the new DMC, I just do not consider it an actual DMC game, if this was a new IP it would be one of the best this gen"

I dont see how can not consider it a DMC game when its called Devil May Cry. I cant do it.
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#173ManuKesnaPosted 1/17/2013 4:08:32 PM
ManuKesna posted...
I'm going to buy DmC, so that Capcom makes a sequel and so that the hardcore fans become more butthurt.

i am going to buy DmC because it looks fun, i am not as sad and immature as you :)

This guy is really butthurt

what? that doesnt make sense, i am not even a big fan of the older games and i am getting DmC :o
please think before typing nonsense D:
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#174FISTY919Posted 1/17/2013 4:11:43 PM
DmC Metacritc is an 86 right, so why is the User review a 3.5???

Haters. DmC is scoring like it should after a 5 year break. It's an ok game.
#175llaW_EnotsPosted 1/17/2013 4:48:44 PM
Gaming community to diehard DMC fans over the non paid User Reviews:

http://i.imgur.com/h22sX.jpg
#176CrimsonGear80Posted 1/17/2013 5:11:54 PM
Spare you what exactly?

Everything. Seriosuly, you are taking user reviews on metacritic seriously. My god.

A tad better than DMC4 Huh?? The game that only gets bad reviews because of the backtracking. Why do you say its a tab better? I pressume youve beaten the game by now since youve already deemed it better than DMC4. Explain??

I haven't beat it yet, but I'm close enough to come to that conclusion. Combat feels better and the characters and story is better. I also like the visuals and artistic direction they took.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#177tonyalmaeda(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 5:38:55 PM
"Everything. Seriosuly, you are taking user reviews on metacritic seriously. My god."

Come on man, I know the average of the user review is screwed. But what is the difference between their opinion and yours. Dont you write reviews. Maybe they are more strict on certain aspects than you.

"I haven't beat it yet, but I'm close enough to come to that conclusion. Combat feels better and the characters and story is better. I also like the visuals and artistic direction they took."

Combat feels better how? Easier, more fluid, tighter? Ill give you the artistic direction, visual, and the story.
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#178theshovellerPosted 1/17/2013 8:11:44 PM
tonyalmaeda posted...
"I like the new DMC, I just do not consider it an actual DMC game, if this was a new IP it would be one of the best this gen"

I dont see how can not consider it a DMC game when its called Devil May Cry. I cant do it.

It's like how I could see Metroid Other M being a good game if it was a new IP, but as an entry in the Metroid series, it doesn't "mesh" with the other entries as well (barring Pinball) and therefore isn't that good a game, in my opinion.

So, on its own? Good game.
As a game in the series? Not a good game.

I think Devil May Cry fits in with the others, as a reboot. It's a nod to the original games, but a reimagining of them.
#179CrimsonGear80Posted 1/17/2013 8:25:10 PM(edited)
But what is the difference between their opinion and yours.

I'm not trolling metacritic with BS reviews.

Combat feels better how? Easier, more fluid, tighter?

Pretty much all of that. You need to learn weapon swapping and combo linking to get good ratings. Some enemies can only be damaged by certain weapons and the dodging mechanic reminds me of Bayonetta.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#180RezzmanPosted 1/17/2013 8:58:32 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
What? Dark Souls was highly recieved by both critics and players alike.

Agreed, I thought you were trying to use Deadly Premonition as a counter point, to which I pointed out Dark Souls would have been a better example to use.
---
-=Rezzy=-