This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel Square Enix is bottleneck on there mechanics?

#1SophaerLamPosted 1/17/2013 9:42:09 AM(edited)
Chrono trigger, FF3, FF7 and PSO made me like rpg's in general, I just recently I finished playing DCUO because Im waiting on new missions, I just bought dark soul and I got to say it took me back to old SNES days it reminded me of the experience grinding exploration and npc interaction in those games.

FF 13 was ok but there was nowhere worth to explore and not allot of intreaction with npc's, I feel that SE is bottleneck with this game because the industry has took those aspect and elevate them with unscripted platforming and npc fighting interaction and made them more of an action-rpg so they dont want to clone any of them because they may have too much pride.

I think they can't originate new ideas, thats maybe why Versus 13 is on hold and they try to milk 13 by adding in each of its new chapter no new mechanics but the ones they've been using the last 20 years, thats why SE is stuck with 13 because by the new trailer the mechanics are scripted platforming and day and night.
#2kingofjamaicaPosted 1/17/2013 10:01:12 AM
No. Square-Enix is bottlenecked by horrible creative and administrative decisions. Motomu Toriyama shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the creative design process, much less main writer and director. He's a talentless hack that has almost single-handedly ruined both Parasite Eve and Final Fantasy.

Administratively, they decided to actually release FFXIV in the state it was in, which was a horrible decision. They also insist on trying to resuscitate the dead horse that is FFXIII with two sequels that no one asked for, and which are getting relatively horrible sales.

The company is in crisis mode. They are in a seriously dire financial position, and they insist on pumping out the same garbage they've been making this whole gen. That's not was the community wants, they want FFvXIII, they want a localized Type-0, they want SE to go back to making good games(one easy step to accomplish this is to fire Toriyama and Wada).
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#3RollingCradlePosted 1/17/2013 10:18:11 AM
FFvXIII looks terrible.