This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lol at people "boycotting" MGS games....

#21ManuKesnaPosted 1/17/2013 12:23:11 PM
work_a_holic posted...
RampantBlatt posted...
Except the part where he IS milking the MGS franchise.

So f****** what!? It's a great franchise. Why shouldn't it be milked?

For posts like this and topics like this, i feel ashamed of being a MGS fan sometimes
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#22theshovellerPosted 1/17/2013 12:24:30 PM
falkner09 posted...
Or, put more simply: if your game's story is so convoluted that it requires you to release an electronic flowchart and encyclopedia specifically for it that progressively explains more of the backstory in order to supplement the in game exposition, you've overdone it.

I can't help but think of Kingdom Hearts on that one, for some reason.
#23RoxasANobodyPosted 1/17/2013 12:26:57 PM
RampantBlatt posted...

"Milking" is a nice way of coining "Giving people what they want".

BRB, gotta call Apple up and tell them to stop milking their products. They'd just love to hear the idea of them not making money!
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#24MlREFOXPosted 1/17/2013 12:27:41 PM
theshoveller posted...
falkner09 posted...
Or, put more simply: if your game's story is so convoluted that it requires you to release an electronic flowchart and encyclopedia specifically for it that progressively explains more of the backstory in order to supplement the in game exposition, you've overdone it.

I can't help but think of Kingdom Hearts on that one, for some reason.

They are both faux-philosophical, dues ex machina-ridden messes when it comes to story.
#25foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:07:50 PM
ManuKesna posted...
work_a_holic posted...
RampantBlatt posted...

For posts like this and topics like this, i feel ashamed of being a MGS fan sometimes

Don't flatter yourself buddy, you're not worthy of being called a MGS fan.

Go play splinter cell
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS [06.12.2008]
`._.
#26ManuKesnaPosted 1/17/2013 1:38:39 PM
ManuKesna posted...
work_a_holic posted...
RampantBlatt posted...

Go play splinter cell

nty, splinter cell sucks :p
---
#27foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:52:52 PM
ManuKesna posted...
ManuKesna posted...
work_a_holic posted...
RampantBlatt posted...

Go play splinter cell

Actually I'm playing Splinter Cell Conviction right now and it's a pretty good game :D
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS [06.12.2008]
`._.
#28ManuKesnaPosted 1/17/2013 1:53:37 PM
ManuKesna posted...
ManuKesna posted...
work_a_holic posted...

Go play splinter cell

Actually I'm playing Splinter Cell Conviction right now and it's a pretty good game :D

HOW DARE YOU! you are not a true MGS fan!!!!
---
#29ukokira1Posted 1/17/2013 3:21:25 PM
Last I checked Kojiima wanted the series to end.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#30CorathTheHungPosted 1/17/2013 3:30:17 PM
falkner09 posted...
Best example: the ending scene. everything is finished and Snake is near death. He decides to commit suicide because the virus he received years ago in MGS1 which was specifically designed to kill just him and a handful of people who are now dead but got retconned during that game so it might kill him but might not (which also has a newer version of it running around that's somehow different and I can't remember how, and also has a series of miniature robots as well as a computer virus that are based on it despite being electronic instead of biological and was administered to Snake along with the injection of robots which are also newer versions of the miniature robots that were given to Snake along with the original virus) is now mutating to the point it will in fact kill everyone on the planet instead of just Snake, and he wants to prevent that. BUT WAIT: Snake doesn't commit suicide.
Instead, Big Boss, who has been dead for years and whose simultaneous death and revelation that he's Snake's father years ago is a kickoff plot point of the entire Solid series and who was revealed to still be alive but then revealed to only "alive" in the form of a braindead coma in the custody of his superspy lover from years ago who betrayed him and his nation but was nonetheless chosen by the nation she betrayed to be the surrogate mother of his two modifed clones, One of whom is Snake and therefore technically not his son, and one of whom was dead from the original virus but then thought resurrected through some process that had to do with a his arm being grafted onto a colleague who was an enemy then subordinate of Big Boss and secretly the son of Big Boss' mentor/other lover and a man who could speak to the dead but is now dead himself, but actually was just revealed not to be resurrected because the colleague was brainwashed into thinking he was being possessed by the clone, is found to have not had his body preserved and destroyed at all, because that body was the body of a third secret clone who was not modified at all and whose existence was revealed after the death of one of the other two rival clones and then died, is now revealed to be ALIVE after all and been in hiding for all these years, along with his old commander (heretofore a minor character) from the 50s/60s who certainly should be dead but isn't because he is revealed to actually have orchestrated the entire initial event of the 50s/60s, and therefore is the the true villain of the entire saga who manipulated all the aforementioned characters into helping him steal Hidden money which he used to build the AI system that then disguised itself as a secret council of twelve who control the world but were actually dead, then as a supernatural consciousness but was in fact a series of AI cores all along, which took control of the planet through the microscopic robots and computer viruses mentioned above, and decided to keep him alive but almost braindead, Is revealed to be alive and not braindead at all because that was a ruse as well. he explains the story above, then immediately dies along with his old commander because one of the viruses was coded to kill them both as well. Then Snake is revealed to not be about to become a biological weapon after all because the new virus fixed the old virus and reset it into a non mutated virus, so Snake doesn't need to kill himself to save the human race but he'll still die soon because Clones don't live long, and because he can still get the random death that the original virus was coded to give him to begin with. THE END. Also, Raiden is a warrior cyborg again in the next game even though he thought he dealt with at part of his past and left it behind him.

Heard of paragraphs, son?