This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you guys be sticking with Sony next generation?

#11TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/17/2013 10:40:31 AM
kloud 11 posted...
TheMcKnightMare posted...
Depends on backwards compatibility and exclusives for me... I don't see myself picking up a 720 over the PS4 though

It won't be BC, sorry :(

You just devastated my gaming future.....
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#12phowell23Posted 1/17/2013 10:42:23 AM
Probably. The PS3 has been great, PSN is neck and neck with XBL and I have never had issues with a console not working since the PS1 days. (I've owned PS1,2,3 and a PSP, no problems at all). The only issue I have had this gen is I bought the PS3 when it was really expensive because I thought Versus and the Last Guardian would be coming out soon and would be exclusive and here I am 5 years later with both games unlikely to come out on the PS3 but that issue is not with Sony. If the price is right and they have a good library I will get the next gen Sony console.
#13wstfldPosted 1/17/2013 10:42:28 AM
I'm getting whatever valve puts out. I buy way too many games to pay sony prices.
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilzation V, FTL
#14hrjPosted 1/17/2013 10:44:11 AM
kloud 11 posted...
Depends on backwards compatibility and exclusives for me... I don't see myself picking up a 720 over the PS4 though

It won't be BC, sorry :(

You just devastated my gaming future.....

You have a PSN so I assume you have a ps3 yeah?
Use that to play ps3 games and ps4 to play ps4 games.Problem solved.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#15darkstar4221Posted 1/17/2013 10:50:48 AM(edited)
It has to have BC with PS3, PS2, and PS1 games. It has to be easily hackable just like how the PSX, PS2, and PSP was. It cannot block used games, it cannot be charging those god damn online passes. And Sony should not be imposing their strict anti-piracy policies on the consumers like they did with the Vita and PS3. Then there would be a reason to buy one.
#16kloud 11Posted 1/17/2013 10:48:23 AM
TheBlueAngel posted...
kloud 11 posted...
If it got the games I want, yes

Based off this gen, I'd wager I will buy one and prob pick up a wii u eventually too. Microsoft is the one I'm doubting.

Isn't Microsoft the one making a lot of money right now? While Sony is no way, shape, or form to lose money off the next console like they did the PS3?

How does MS making a lot of money improve my gaming experience? It would be one thing if they used said money to fund new games, but that is clearly not the case. Xbox 360 was good console for the 1st couple years, but it's obvious MS is more interested in attracting new customers, not satisfying the ones they currently have.
#17Albert1285Posted 1/17/2013 10:53:36 AM
Definitely I had PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 and very soon PSVita, so PS4 will be come next.
#18regsantotomasPosted 1/17/2013 10:54:40 AM
MadDewg posted...
I never have or will have brand loyalty. I go to where the games is at.

Same. The platform has to have a compelling solution instead of simply a brand.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#19lambchipsPosted 1/17/2013 10:56:51 AM
nope... ps3 dissapointed me with the lack of variety in games as well as mediocre exclusives
also not buying 720

most of the good multiplatformed games this gen can also be experienced on the pc (whether its the same game, or a similar game)

wiiu depends on how quickly they get an emulator as well as how the tablet is emulated, i usually like nintendo games to the point where i wont hesistate to burn $500 just to play their games
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#20blitz-boy11Posted 1/17/2013 11:00:14 AM
Will I get the next Sony console yes. Will it be my one and only console no.
---
PSN: Hiroshima711