Over the last generation, I would say I do the LEAST bit of gaming with Sony. Off top of my head, I would say 60 percent with 360, 30 percent Wii/DS, and remaining 10 percent on PS3/PSP-Vita.
BUT as a dedicated gamer since I got an NES 26 years ago, I like my games and as long as PS brand brings something to the table, I will be a customer. They have a nice selection of exclusives I can't find elsewhere, the Bluray player got a lot of usage, and the PS Store has its good points(TV shows, PS1 classics that I transfer to my PSP and play at work, small handful of exclusive arcade games).
So even if next gen is a repeat of this gen where 99 percent of multiplatform games I go Xbox( for many reasons), and the majority of my gaming is done elsewhere....as long as PS4 brings something to the table that I can't get elsewhere, the gamer in me will be buying it. --- Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
The Wii U came out, looks good and really amazing, and now that hype is done... Why would one give up on SONY yet? They always surprise anyone, PS4 is gonna be awesome as the PS2. --- Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
Probably. The PS3 has been great, PSN is neck and neck with XBL and I have never had issues with a console not working since the PS1 days. (I've owned PS1,2,3 and a PSP, no problems at all). The only issue I have had this gen is I bought the PS3 when it was really expensive because I thought Versus and the Last Guardian would be coming out soon and would be exclusive and here I am 5 years later with both games unlikely to come out on the PS3 but that issue is not with Sony. If the price is right and they have a good library I will get the next gen Sony console.
Wow, I disagree with practically every word, opinion, and thought in this paragraph.
- My original N64 stood the test of time, while I was on my 3rd PS1 that generation. Play time was probably even. Played many more PS1 games, but the N64 games I had I played the crap out of.
- Dreamcast stood the test of time. Xbox stood the test of time. GameCube stood the test of time. Went through FOUR PS2 that generation. Granted it got the most play, but it was crazy. I camped out for PS2 launch day and it broke about 6 months in. Sony refused to exchange it as I was a few days past the 6 month warranty. BS.
- Wii stood the test of time. On my second 360. But my THIRD PS3 and I play it by far the least. Fat launch lasted about three years. Slim I got to replace it last about 3 months.
- PSN neck and neck with Live??? Everyone has opinions, but you gotta be crazy to say that. Forget about the difference in online experience and everything that goes with that, but the arcade GAMES! Find it hard to believe that ANYONE can say the games are neck and neck in any way. I think I have 42 XBLA arcade games to 8 PSN games.
- Last part of paragraph just don't agree with that mindset. One, being a cheapskate. Two, buying a console for two games.
Just realized my post a bit douchey. Didnt mean to come off that way. Just had complete opposite experience with console longevity. Complete different opinion regarding Live and PSN. And complete different outlook towards reasoning of buying a console. --- Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
Like any game system, if their are games on their like Metal Gear, and new IP's then count me in. I'm buying the next Xbox for Halo V, and wave of 3rd party/Xbox Live Arcade games. Wii U is simple, just by the first party games, and get the occassional exclusive 3rd party games.
I bought a hundred times more retro games this gen than I did modern games. This gen as a whole was so lackluster I won't put any faith in any more new consoles. If I do get one, it will be a way down the road. I'm expecting lots of hardware failures, Disc Locked Content, and generic First Person Shooters if the current trend continues.
Mark you words people, I recall there was a thread like this for the PS3 before it came out LOL and how I remember everyone praised on 360, so really this thread is pointless, but go away go to your other systems, and then crawl back when Sony does it again with the PS4 and brings back an even bigger impact in gaming. --- Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous