This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you guys be sticking with Sony next generation?

#121carsaucePosted 1/17/2013 7:38:35 PM
Mark you words people, I recall there was a thread like this for the PS3 before it came out LOL and how I remember everyone praised on 360, so really this thread is pointless, but go away go to your other systems, and then crawl back when Sony does it again with the PS4 and brings back an even bigger impact in gaming.

Meh, IMO Sony had their glory days during the PS2 era. Microsoft might be some money hungry SOBs but atleast there is quality in some of their work. Hardware might be rubbish but their online services are clearly the best of last gen and their controllers are also much better. In that regard, I'm glad Nintendo used Microsoft's design for a controller and wisely stayed away from the Sony design. The PlayStation controllers are incredibly uncomfortable to hold and the triggers feel as though they will break at the slightest touch.

Oh, and maybe you're young but Sony have definitely not impacted gaming with the PS3. If anything, they've done more harm than good. PS2 was great and so was PS1 but the PS3 is an embarrassment in comparison. It feels like the system where Sony sold out and traded in creativity for superficial games.

I've looked for a reason to buy a PS3 since prices have reduced but I can't justify buying a system when only 1 or 2 games interest me. So don't worry, I won't be crawling back to Sony for the PS4 but thanks for your concern. With my final exam over with for this semester, I can finally get back to playing my Wii U and finishing my games in preparation for the incoming games of this year. Lego City ans MH3U are truly going to take all my attention.

The PS2 era ended this year.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#122MotiJrPosted 1/17/2013 7:43:28 PM
Mark you words people, I recall there was a thread like this for the PS3 before it came out LOL and how I remember everyone praised on 360, so really this thread is pointless, but go away go to your other systems, and then crawl back when Sony does it again with the PS4 and brings back an even bigger impact in gaming.

Meh, IMO Sony had their glory days during the PS2 era. Microsoft might be some money hungry SOBs but atleast there is quality in some of their work. Hardware might be rubbish but their online services are clearly the best of last gen and their controllers are also much better. In that regard, I'm glad Nintendo used Microsoft's design for a controller and wisely stayed away from the Sony design. The PlayStation controllers are incredibly uncomfortable to hold and the triggers feel as though they will break at the slightest touch.

Oh, and maybe you're young but Sony have definitely not impacted gaming with the PS3. If anything, they've done more harm than good. PS2 was great and so was PS1 but the PS3 is an embarrassment in comparison. It feels like the system where Sony sold out and traded in creativity for superficial games.

I've looked for a reason to buy a PS3 since prices have reduced but I can't justify buying a system when only 1 or 2 games interest me. So don't worry, I won't be crawling back to Sony for the PS4 but thanks for your concern. With my final exam over with for this semester, I can finally get back to playing my Wii U and finishing my games in preparation for the incoming games of this year. Lego City ans MH3U are truly going to take all my attention.

The PS2 era ended this year.

Not really. PS2 era ended when the PS3 was released. PS2 support ended this year.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#123albanianx1Posted 1/17/2013 7:46:43 PM
Unless there's a huge change regarding games, I will buy a Sony system again. I will say this though, considering what a total pile of **** the Wii was and from what I've seen WiiU, if I have money to buy a second system next time around, it's surely not going to be with Nintento. It's looking like PS Orbis first and then if I have money, X720 since a few of my good friends love Microsoft as well.
---
Bayern Munich is the strongest club in the world
PSN: eaglespirit
#124jjg737Posted 1/17/2013 7:54:39 PM
MadDewg posted...
I never have or will have brand loyalty. I go to where the games is at.

This. I am the same way, I went with the 360 this gen but I'm thinking about going with the ps4 next gen.
#125carib2gPosted 1/17/2013 7:56:36 PM
Yes I will be. First-Party Exclusives that I actually like!
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#126Thor61Posted 1/17/2013 7:58:36 PM
I'm thinking of just upgrading my pc, then I might buy a 3DS and I'll buy a Wii U if it gets good exclusives.
#127gamerboy100Posted 1/17/2013 7:58:47 PM
MyEvilTwin7 posted...
I also attribute bad multiplats on the PS3 to lazy developers.

That's not 100% true, actually. The architecture of the PS3 is much more complicated and therefore harder to develop games for than the Xbox 360. Please note that I am in no way trashing the PS3.
#128RomanBlade00Posted 1/17/2013 8:04:04 PM
With PS3 being region free, I hope PS4 is as well. If it is, that will be a huge buying factor for me. Even though I don't know 100% certain, chances are I will buy a PS4 over the new XBox since I trust Sony as a company more. Microsoft didn't exactly win any fans with all those outbreaks of the red rings of death. Also, being a huge fan of Japanese produced games, I know that Sony will most likely have the advantage when it comes to Japanese companies.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#129RagnoraokPosted 1/17/2013 8:07:45 PM
MotiJr posted...

thank you, finally someone who understands. The ps2 was Sony's glory era, where it clearly beat out the competition. Even Nintendo and MS fanboys are not blind enough to realize this. However, the 360 clearly won, because it did the one thing right which actually matters this gen....online capabilities. The Wii flopped, but quickly transitioned to a family system, so no harm. However, the Ps3 was caught in the middle, with more exclusives than the 360, but none come even close to the big 360 exclusives like Halo and Gears. The ps3 exclusives are numerous, but they are extremely overhyped and tedious to play after a while. The God of War franchise is stale, Infamous somehow got stale after 2 games, Killzone is a joke, LittleBigPlanet is stale already, and Uncharted is the best, but who knows if it will get a sequel. Sports games play WWAAYY better on the 360 as well. Halo and Gears are more than enough a reason to buy a 360 when compared to the ps3 exclusives which have stale sp and lacking mp.

The only flaw that really hurts the 360, was that you had to pay memberships to play online, and the hardware were faulty. I am not familiar with it, but I also think there was a higher membership that is like the equivalent of ps+. If the next MS console makes online free, and makes the hardware more sturdy, then Sony might as well sell itself to Disney.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....choose wisely.
#130DrEaM_420Posted 1/17/2013 8:11:14 PM
Yes I will, I stick with Nintendo and Sony forever.

Sony makes the best console, the Ps3 can do anything if you utilize it correctly, and its a blu-ray player which does make a difference when you have an awesome 60 inch TV.

Nintendo has awesome first party titles, and the 3DS is so fun to play, I'll never not like Nintendo.

I have a Ps1, 2, 3 and will definitely get the next, Xbox sucks...and so does their controller.
Dualshock-4-Life.
---
Dream on..