This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you guys be sticking with Sony next generation?

#141srxog4ps3Posted 1/17/2013 10:50:19 PM
Yes, as long as:

1. It's priced in $300 to $350 range.

2. Great first-party titles are made, and some of third-party exclusives are brought back.

3. Their online service is still free.

PlayStation series started as a video game system(after Nintendo declining their agreement to make it as an add-on for SNES), so it should remain as a video game system, not an all-in-one entertainment box like PS3 or at least its main function should be for video gaming; Blu-ray player, photo viewer, music player and so on should be like sub-functions. I don't know about others, but I hardly even watch movie(s) or listen to music on my PS3. Actually, PS4 being a video game system and a blu-ray player is enough for me; PS2 was like that, a video game system and a dvd player.
#142renzsweetPosted 1/17/2013 10:52:07 PM
MadDewg posted...
I never have or will have brand loyalty. I go to where the games is at.

Oh my, so much this. I have posted this over and over for years.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#143THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 1/17/2013 10:57:16 PM
Where else can we go? Serious question BTW.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#144PaperCogFlimsyPosted 1/17/2013 11:10:16 PM
I am shocked that so many are staying with $ony even after they were curbstomped this gen
---
SONY: Only Does What Nintendo Did
#145Holden_McgroinPosted 1/17/2013 11:37:38 PM
No matter the price I will have it day one. Sony has never let me down yet.
---
All the ladies love Holden Mcgroin.
#146MadDewgPosted 1/17/2013 11:42:52 PM
paralyzed21 posted...
i go for the system with the better specs. i.e. sony

Did you just stick with the jaguar, game gear, 3DO, neo geo, nintendo 64, and xbox 1 during their generations?

*You would be way better off being a PC gamer if all you care about is graphics/hardware in general*

If its anything video gaming history should have taught everyone by now, its that just because a console has the best specs during it's generation doesn't mean a damn thing if the software sucks compared to the competition.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#147MightyjimpoPosted 1/17/2013 11:47:28 PM
I was under the impression that both consoles are to be based upon x86 architecture so in theory porting games from one to the other should be easy (and gameplay should not suffer).

But my main concern is pricing as I will not touch a stupidly expensive console again. Had my fingers burnt with PS3.
---
The cure for anything is salt water; sweat, tears, or the sea. ISAK DINESEN (1885-1962)
#148NnamzPosted 1/17/2013 11:47:45 PM
I plan on getting all systems, but I'm going to get a PS4 first since I'm already entrenched in the Sony ecosystem. I care about my trophies. Achievements never grabbed me. And Wii-U came 7 years too late for me to care about the Nintendo ecosystem (if you could call it that).
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#149LuminescentRulePosted 1/17/2013 11:49:48 PM
Give me one good reason why I shouldn't stick with then.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
No. of well-rated in 2012 : Vita = 35; 3DS = 24 (including 2 apps)
#150justdontaskPosted 1/17/2013 11:50:41 PM
i get a system if it has games i like... but after the ps3, if i can get a game on something that isnt sony, i will... theyve lost me unless they can get some good exclusives...
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.