This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you guys be sticking with Sony next generation?

#21JohnHitman47Posted 1/17/2013 11:05:55 AM
Yes, PS4 for the best exclusives (just like ps3) and PC for the multiplat, there i'm set for next gen.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#22kobalobasileusPosted 1/17/2013 11:15:05 AM
I doubt it. I only grudgingly added a PS3 to my hardware lineup because of LittleBigPlanet. I've been very disappointed with Sony's 7th Gen exclusives and have recently come to realize that Steam is the superior option for most multiplatform games (once they drop from $60 to $10 or less) and is the only digital service that isn't a complete ripoff.

I have a WiiU (but am disappointed with the non-existent flow of good games) and a dedicated Steam PC. I will be buying an Ouya once they hit store sheves... that should do it for my 3 8th Gen consoles.
#23OrangeSchweesePosted 1/17/2013 11:16:14 AM
MadDewg posted...
I never have or will have brand loyalty. I go to where the games is at.

Same. I'm a gamer, not a fanboy.
#24TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/17/2013 11:19:01 AM
hrj posted...
TheMcKnightMare posted...
kloud 11 posted...
TheMcKnightMare posted...
Depends on backwards compatibility and exclusives for me... I don't see myself picking up a 720 over the PS4 though

It won't be BC, sorry :(

You just devastated my gaming future.....

You have a PSN so I assume you have a ps3 yeah?
Use that to play ps3 games and ps4 to play ps4 games.Problem solved.

Problem solved? Yes... But if I had the option it would be nice to be able to play my entire sony library and not have to jump from console to console
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#25Godly_GoofPosted 1/17/2013 11:21:08 AM
Yes if they keep getting the exclusives I want. Otherwise maybe. I'm NOT getting another XBox whatever after I've had 5 360s break while my same Wii and PS3 are still going strong
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#26RomanBlade00Posted 1/17/2013 11:23:02 AM
I'm not going to choose a system based on brand loyalty. I'll just have to wait and see what Sony and Microsoft have to offer and decide then.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#27Pharsti01Posted 1/17/2013 11:28:16 AM
Ah... dont really stick with anyone per se, i get all systems, makes sure i dont miss on any exclusive i want.

Yes, i like games, thats what i enjoy, so i dont really care which system gets them as long as theyre good.
#28rockyminPosted 1/17/2013 11:48:06 AM
darkstar4221 posted...
It has to have BC with PS3, PS2, and PS1 games. It has to be easily hackable just like how the PSX, PS2, and PSP was. It cannot block used games, it cannot be charging those god damn online passes. And Sony should not be imposing their strict anti-piracy policies on the consumers like they did with the Vita and PS3. Then there would be a reason to buy one.

I think Sony already announced it wouldn't be BC with PS3. However, it could still be BC with PS2 and PS1, which I would be ok with. But it also needs to have games I want to play before I'd buy it.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#29ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/17/2013 11:50:15 AM
If Sony will have the good games, better console, better controller again, then yes.
#30toadiemanPosted 1/17/2013 11:51:00 AM
That's the plan.
---
PSN: toadieman