This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you guys be sticking with Sony next generation?

#31zooknutPosted 1/17/2013 12:51:45 PM
kobalobasileus posted...
I doubt it. I only grudgingly added a PS3 to my hardware lineup because of LittleBigPlanet. I've been very disappointed with Sony's 7th Gen exclusives and have recently come to realize that Steam is the superior option for most multiplatform games (once they drop from $60 to $10 or less) and is the only digital service that isn't a complete ripoff.

I have a WiiU (but am disappointed with the non-existent flow of good games) and a dedicated Steam PC. I will be buying an Ouya once they hit store sheves... that should do it for my 3 8th Gen consoles.

and u will be disappointed with that to im sure
#32DeGamer81Posted 1/17/2013 12:55:16 PM
MadDewg posted...
I never have or will have brand loyalty. I go to where the games is at.

This.
#33Flamer_BluePosted 1/17/2013 12:56:58 PM
Save for Uncharted and Infamous, most PS3 exclusives were awful. Resistance, Motorstorm, MAG and last generations sequels were terrible as well (Socom 4, GT5)

I think I'll switch to the dark side next gen. The only problem with the 360 is that MS bombarded everyone with great games the first three years, then didn't care about them anymore.

Maybe this will be my last gen if MS sticks more with Kinect.

I am sure as hell won't ever support Nintendo.
---
PSN: Malakius
#34RoachmeatPosted 1/17/2013 1:44:19 PM
MadDewg posted...

This. But I also refuse to let a company knowingly sell me a malfunctioning product, even if I could replace it for free. Its the principle.

I wouldn't buy a vehicle known to suddenly go dead just because the wheel companies like that brand more. So the same with my videogame hobby.

I mean, developers could also not be fanboys and port their games. Bottom line, we shouldn't have any colored lights blinking next gen, right MICROSOFT?
#35KikuichimonjiPosted 1/17/2013 1:44:31 PM
MadDewg posted...

Yup.

Sticking with Nintendo is still a possibility, or to be with Nintendo and Sony. Last gen (7th), since the Wii had inferior graphics, 3rd party developers had to land many exclusive games just for that console. Portion of those exclusives were actually decent, not to mention some of the Nintendo 1st party games were nice, too. This gen, same could still happen. However, I'll see if the PS4 doesn't become another PS3, and have a similar library to PS2, then I might go with Sony at the start. Passing on Xbox, seeing only 1 Xbox360 exclusive caught my attention and I think it was by chance. All other Xbox titles should be playable on PS4.
---
There's no point telling stupid people that they're stupid. They're too stupid to know that they're stupid. Wasted effort.
#36TotiXPosted 1/17/2013 2:35:59 PM
Well I have been really pleased with the 3 sony consoles. As my first impulse I want a sony machine but the whole not playing used games rumor has me concerned :/
#37Stanger5150Posted 1/17/2013 2:39:15 PM
I will never understand brand loyalty.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Final Fantasy, Midway Arcade Origins, Final Fantasy V, Castlevania Chronicles, Xexyz
#38HIroChuPosted 1/17/2013 2:39:43 PM
MadDewg posted...
#39NovaKaneXPosted 1/17/2013 2:41:03 PM

/thread
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/f50jfr.jpg
Cot damn!
#40gamestop27Posted 1/17/2013 2:42:56 PM
Since the Gundam Vs games only come out on sony consoles, yes.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~XTrEaMkILlA227