This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you guys be sticking with Sony next generation?

#51huyiPosted 1/17/2013 3:09:10 PM
hell no, not after what sony have done to their fanbase, locking out used sales is just 1 more nail in the coffin.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#52El_ZaggyPosted 1/17/2013 3:09:59 PM
Nintendo is not an option so console wise theres MS and snoy. if MS is pushing the kinect and stuff i will probably side with sony
#53blackcry77Posted 1/17/2013 3:10:00 PM
Yes, always been. Dont mind playing other consoles, but I like PS more
---
I'm an otaku, gamer, and writer. Love these things and I don't care if you don't.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#54Impaired MedicPosted 1/17/2013 3:10:40 PM
TC is far too obvious at trolling.
---
PSN: Impaired_Medic
#55pariah23Posted 1/17/2013 3:21:50 PM
PC+PS3 now, PC+PS4 in a year or two. 360 is completely useless to me when almost all its "exclusives" that are worth playing end up with a [superior] PC version anyway. Sony has actual exclusives that never appear on any other platform, and a far better selection of them to boot.

I strongly suspect that none of that will change anytime soon.
#56Taran_McDohlPosted 1/17/2013 3:23:05 PM
Depends on what games are where. I have been with Sony since the ps1..but it has always had the games i wanted. So many new systems coming out next gen.
I do not get systems until they have been out for a couple of years..still games to play on the old..and i like all the system glitches to be patched out by then....so it all depends on who i see has the best games when that time comes around.
---
An excuse is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavor of their own incompetence.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#57MadDewgPosted 1/17/2013 3:32:21 PM(edited)
Though I'll look in my crystal ball and say that their's a 80% chance i might go the PS4 route. The ONLY reason for this is because of the Japanese support. I like Japanese games more then American games and the Japanese usually stick with Sony and Nintendo when making their games. I do like Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, and Uncharted as much as the next guy, but it doesn't compare to my love for Final Fantasy (not lately though), Tales of, Shin Megami Tensei, and JRPG's in general. Now this doesn't completely rule out me ever getting a 720, but it does draw it down.

Actually, when it comes to full japanese support (and genres like jrpgs), both the next xbox and next playstation is going to be the last place you will find a lot, and that is basically guaranteed at this point.

Think about it for a sec....japanese companies, and other smaller devs, complain that its extremely expensive to make games now. The reason you see a lack of creativity compared to the ps2 days, the reason you see way less jrpgs on consoles, the reason you see handhelds getting way more support from japan compared to consoles, all of it has mostly to do with costs for creating games and people barely buying said games on consoles (one of the reasons you'll commonly see for the low sales is because these games usually lack the huge budgets your typical "aaa" game gets, so they tend to not have as great voice acting, graphics, etc. etc....which in the long run gives these type of games low sales in the west, and with the japanese playerbase mainly playing on portables in japan).

The companies that is pushing for new consoles...these is mostly the "big guys", companies like epic, ubi soft, and activision...companies that can actually afford to create games on newer tech right now. Majority of the japanese devs (even the bigger ones like square-enix), is basically thinking "**** that noise", and is why you see most of their biggest stuff on handhelds (and in square's case phones) these days, like the upcoming shin megami game on 3DS, monster hunter 4 being made on 3DS instead of a console, etc. (few exceptions aside like the new persona going on PS3...in that case they is most likely aiming for the strong western sales they got from persona 3 and 4 on playstation systems).

Even sony their selves, they aren't running the playstation brand like they were in the ps1 and 2 days...their 1st/2nd party stuff nowadays is mostly things that is catering to western tastes, basically going after the same crowd the xbox brand does. If anything, if you want a ton of japanese support then the 3DS is the obvious option at this point (what with monster hunter making the sales blow up in japan this december, and the Wii U itself getting a pretty big sales jump over there again because of monster hunter). If I had to take a wild guess, the Wii U might actually end up being "the jrpg system" in the future, even more so now that nintendo has the monster hunter franchise in lock, which brings in hardware sales from the japanese (and in the long run japanese companies follow their japanese playerbase...which is looking like the nintendo systems at the moment).

Now whether we get ports of said japanese games on the 3DS and Wii U is a whole nother' ballgame =/
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#58adroge01Posted 1/17/2013 3:41:02 PM
Possibly. It depends on how much they lock the system down. I already have the Wii U, and I'm happy with it so far. I also have a 360, but I'm pretty sure I will skip the next MS console.
#59dillo9000Posted 1/17/2013 3:43:35 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
Nintendo is not an option so console wise theres MS and snoy. if MS is pushing the kinect and stuff i will probably side with sony

Nintendo could possibly be the only console to support used games next/this gen
---
Can't wait for: Persona 5, Pikmin 3, SSB4
Currently playing: Persona 4 Arena, Persona 3 FES, Sonic Adventure
#60Jon_GodPosted 1/17/2013 3:48:06 PM
If they continue to have this good of a first party, it wouldn't be a competition to me.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/