This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you guys be sticking with Sony next generation?

#91art_of_the_killPosted 1/17/2013 4:21:39 PM
TheBlueAngel posted...
Wouldn't it make more sense to go with Microsoft next generation?

You mean the same Microsoft who always has the next Call of Duty title as either their first or last showing at their E3 conferences every year, and who is always proud to boast that the 360 is getting the overpriced map packs a month earlier?

No thanks, I'll stick with Sony. I'll likely get a Wii U at some point too.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#92Fredrick2003xPosted 1/17/2013 4:31:48 PM
I actually started off this generation Wii only, and was that way for awhile. Couple years later I got a 360 which I loved, despite repeated hardware failure. When Microsoft stopped giving away new 360's everytime one **** itself I even bought another one.

But disc destruction continued to be an issue, and it was getting out of control, not to mention paying for online play, when the competition (Nintendo, Sony) were giving it away for free (this is the part where someone makes a joke about Nintendo's online service, but from Mario Kart Wii upwards it has been great for me). So the PS3 is my primary system, with the Wii and the 360 used as needed for exclusives.

Next generation I am going straight for the PS3 as my primary system, with the other consoles bought as needed once they have a sufficient number of exclusives.
---
Currently Playing: Espgaluda (Cave, 2003) - Dodonpachi (Cave, 1997) - DmC (NInja Theory, 2013) - Time Crisis 4 (Nex Entertainment, 2006)
#93Rydiafan013Posted 1/17/2013 4:52:47 PM
I think this is my last generation of gaming for me ... this generation was a waste for me ... i didn't get my moneys worth this generation

Just lost some of my passion for gaming because of getting beat over the head with bad game over bad game plus as an RPG fan ( Final fantasy fanboy here ) is where i got hit hard ... all im left with is RPG/FPS hybrids or WOW Clones

Im Just not Creaming my Pants over Halo 5 / God of war 4 / Super Mario 6,547 ... I got left behind for the new Video games fan .... and im ok with it
#94JartenPosted 1/17/2013 4:59:41 PM
Only if I can afford it when it comes out.
#95Bob the AlmightyPosted 1/17/2013 5:00:54 PM
PS4 and Xbox Next for this guy.

I will get which ever launches first first and wait six months to a year on the other.

If they both launch within the same time frame I will get the PS4 at launch and wait on the new Xbox
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#96El_ZaggyPosted 1/17/2013 5:01:37 PM
dillo9000 posted...
El_Zaggy posted...
Nintendo is not an option so console wise theres MS and snoy. if MS is pushing the kinect and stuff i will probably side with sony

Nintendo could possibly be the only console to support used games next/this gen

I dont care about used games. ive enough money to buy all that I want. Its the time for gaming that is missing.
#97MegaMettaurPosted 1/17/2013 5:01:46 PM
If I decide to upgrade maybe. Or nintendo.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#98vanguard29Posted 1/17/2013 5:06:45 PM
MadDewg posted...
I never have or will have brand loyalty. I go to where the games is at.

this. that being said, im not liking what iss being said about the new xbox.... so maybe for the new ps....
---
"Emerge, Entertain, Egress, Escape" (Cop Shows) http://tinyurl.com/copshows link to the poem. By Ethan Cardinal.
#99MotiJrPosted 1/17/2013 5:08:44 PM
I've grown up playing Nintendo games since like 3 years old and just enjoy Nintendo 1st party titles more than other systems so for this gen I'm sticking with the Wii U and just purchased a new laptop that can handle recent games too. I'm a student so I can't afford all three and it's likely that I won't like many first party titles from the other companies.
Enjoyed playing my 360 and Wii last gen though but gotta streamline it this gen.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#100RagnoraokPosted 1/17/2013 5:11:18 PM
Rydiafan013 posted...
I think this is my last generation of gaming for me ... this generation was a waste for me ... i didn't get my moneys worth this generation

Just lost some of my passion for gaming because of getting beat over the head with bad game over bad game plus as an RPG fan ( Final fantasy fanboy here ) is where i got hit hard ... all im left with is RPG/FPS hybrids or WOW Clones

Im Just not Creaming my Pants over Halo 5 / God of war 4 / Super Mario 6,547 ... I got left behind for the new Video games fan .... and im ok with it

I fully agree. Next gen, I am going to wait awhile until either one has a lot of great exclusives. I was utterly dissapointed with the ps3 this gen, especially considering how fanboys do nothing but swear that the larger number exclusives are better, yet they pale in comparison to the few mega successful exclusives the 360 has. I will wait about a yer, but for the first time ever, I will not be looking to get a sony console.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....choose wisely.