This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will JRPGs keep getting worse or will they eventually get better?

#21majin nemesisPosted 1/17/2013 6:55:36 PM
getting worse? they are pretty much as good as they were we just don't have has many
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#22Darth RustitoPosted 1/17/2013 6:56:33 PM
Let me check my crystal ball.
---
Be safe at night--sleep with a cop.
#23BaseChouGokuPosted 1/17/2013 6:57:07 PM
Seifer_us posted...
I think they are evolving, but generally companies that "play it safe" with the genre will always outnumber those that don't. There have always been a lot of crappy RPGs in Japan, even during the SNES and PSX era. The difference is that in the West we only saw the best and most interesting they had to offer for a long time because those were the safe bets to localize. Now games like the Altelier series and Neptunia are the face of the genre since they are all most people see coming over anymore on consoles, and I'd be willing to say it has damaged the genre's reputation irreparably. I don't think Japanese RPGs will ever be that popular in North America again.

This man knows what he is talking about
#24carsaucePosted 1/17/2013 6:57:36 PM
They always been good it's just they don;t stay the same element, while other developers still make a great JRPG with a wonderful story.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous