This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me or do video games get blamed for all the violence in the world?

#1cheatermasterPosted 1/17/2013 2:24:00 PM
I can't help but notice whenever there are incidents of violence like shooting and all that, people think it's because of the violence in video games. Is it me or are video games always blamed for all the violence in the world? What do they want, to ban video games for good (I'd freak out if they get rid of video games for good)? We might as well blame violence in cartoons or comics or anything else for that matter.
#2CorathTheHungPosted 1/17/2013 2:25:32 PM
I'm not surprised. The general populace is unfathomably stupid.
#3toadiemanPosted 1/17/2013 2:28:06 PM
Yep, video games is what was wrong with Sadam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden. They had it bad.
---
PSN: toadieman
#4silly_sausagePosted 1/17/2013 2:32:39 PM
It's just you. And I'm not being sarcastic. Blamed for ALL the violence in the WORLD is a huge hyperbole. Blamed for a select few incidents, mostly in the USA would be more accurate.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#5Stanger5150Posted 1/17/2013 2:34:38 PM
I wonder what video games Stalin, Hitler, and Mao played...
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Final Fantasy, Midway Arcade Origins, Final Fantasy V, Castlevania Chronicles, Xexyz
#6jrr18Posted 1/17/2013 2:35:29 PM
Stanger5150 posted...

Chess and Chinese checkers.
---
Victory over the 2013 Capcom the game demon through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#7zyrax2301Posted 1/17/2013 2:36:37 PM
In the world? Wtf no, they're are being used as a scapegoat for recent shootings in the USA.

Sometimes it really is true that Americans can't see anything outside their own borders.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#8jrr18Posted 1/17/2013 2:37:37 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
In the world? Wtf no, they're are being used as a scapegoat for recent shootings in the USA.

Sometimes it really is true that Americans can't see anything outside their own borders.

Which will make it all the beter when Canada invades. Mwha ha ha ha ha.
---
Victory over the 2013 Capcom the game demon through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#9Evel138Posted 1/17/2013 2:50:09 PM
cheatermaster posted...
I can't help but notice whenever there are incidents of violence like shooting and all that, people think it's because of the violence in video games. Is it me or are video games always blamed for all the violence in the world? What do they want, to ban video games for good (I'd freak out if they get rid of video games for good)? We might as well blame violence in cartoons or comics or anything else for that matter.

There was a time in the United States when people actually though comic books where turning the youth into depraved maniacs.

You should check out the 1954 United States Senate Subcommittee on Juvenile Delinquency hearings......hilarious and many if not all the arguments are pretty much verbatim of those being aimed at video games today.

One last thing....." video games always blamed for all the violence in the world".........that might be a bit of an exaggeration though.......
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#10Stanger5150Posted 1/17/2013 2:50:55 PM
jrr18 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...

Chess and Chinese checkers.

I guess we need to ban those too, since they cause genocide.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Final Fantasy, Midway Arcade Origins, Final Fantasy V, Castlevania Chronicles, Xexyz