This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people like anything about video games anymore?

#1cheatermasterPosted 1/17/2013 2:48:39 PM
I know it's a stupid question. But I swear seems to hate and complain about everything about video games. People hate jrpg games, people hate popular games, people hate games that get sequels or a reboot, people hate fighting games, people hate cheating in video games (just multiplayer at least), and so on and so on.

Is it me or do people don't like anything about video games anymore. Whatever happen to just enjoying a game just for fun. I'll admit, I own some games that aren't the best games in the world, but they're games I really enjoy. Hell, even if there are one or two problems, as long as I enjoy the game. I feel that people don't enjoy video games anymore these days.
#2AlltraPosted 1/17/2013 2:52:59 PM(edited)
It's because they stopped doing the stuff that I did enjoy, and replaced it with garbage BS.

It used to be, that I could pick up a game, and there might be one or two small things that bothered me but the majority of the game was enjoyable. Now though, most of the time, I pick up a game and the majority of the game bothers me, and there are one or two small things that I find enjoyable.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#3toadiemanPosted 1/17/2013 2:52:02 PM
No, our whole life revolves around games. They have to be perfect.
---
PSN: toadieman
#4ozranPosted 1/17/2013 2:52:26 PM
Oh trust me there are plenty of people that still enjoy games. It's just that a lot of hate spewing trolls which are the MINORITY tend to congregate here on this site or any other message board for that matter
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#5regsantotomasPosted 1/17/2013 2:53:52 PM
ozran posted...
Oh trust me there are plenty of people that still enjoy games. It's just that a lot of hate spewing trolls which are the MINORITY tend to congregate here on this site or any other message board for that matter

I agree. It's a relatively vocal minority that perpetuates such a sour image.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#6agrissaPosted 1/17/2013 2:54:02 PM
Alltra posted...
It's because they stopped doing the stuff that I did enjoy, and replaced it with garbage BS.

It used to be, that I could pick up a game, and there might be one or two small things that bothered me but the majority of the game was enjoyable. Now though, most of the time, I pick up a game and the majority of the game bothers me, and there are one or two small things that I find enjoyable.

THIS. EXACTLY THIS.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#7DefYouthPosted 1/17/2013 2:54:07 PM
Every genre and every game has its genuine haters. Add that with the trolls and it seems like everyone hates everything.
---
I know that this is vitriol, no solution spleen-venting, but I feel better having screamed, don't you?
#8jubjub360Posted 1/17/2013 2:54:25 PM
I'm taking a break from gaming to respond to this.

I still love playing games.

Come at me haters of games!!!
#9userfrigginamePosted 1/17/2013 2:54:42 PM
The ppl who REALLY enjoy games don't usually spend their time talking about them on boards. The ppl who care more about talking about games, or ppl who don't have much of a social life spend their time on these boards.
#10Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/17/2013 2:55:08 PM
No, nerds hate everything and themselves.
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon