This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people like anything about video games anymore?

#11ukokira1Posted 1/17/2013 3:55:20 PM
I like great replayability and a nice fluidity to my games.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#12jubjub360Posted 1/17/2013 3:56:11 PM
I'm taking a break from gaming to respond to this.

I still love playing games.

Come at me haters of games!!!
#13rahmed51387Posted 1/17/2013 3:59:24 PM
cheatermaster posted...
I know it's a stupid question. But I swear seems to hate and complain about everything about video games. People hate jrpg games, people hate popular games, people hate games that get sequels or a reboot, people hate fighting games, people hate cheating in video games (just multiplayer at least), and so on and so on.

Is it me or do people don't like anything about video games anymore. Whatever happen to just enjoying a game just for fun. I'll admit, I own some games that aren't the best games in the world, but they're games I really enjoy. Hell, even if there are one or two problems, as long as I enjoy the game. I feel that people don't enjoy video games anymore these days.

Welcome to the internet, where people can voice random opinions while enjoying the shield that anonymity and lack of consequences provide. Like the above poster mentioned, the minority who do hate "everything" or even have SOMETHING to possibly dislike congregate in this safety to say it, and they call it "discussion". You'll find that many people online in public forums aren't even capable of such a feat.

Just do what you do best: enjoy the games you like, and keep an open mind to others who may have different tastes. The internet is also great for desensitizing people, so it's up to you if you want to be part of that crowd or not.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#14PhaseSlaethePosted 1/17/2013 4:02:44 PM
agrissa posted...
Alltra posted...
It's because they stopped doing the stuff that I did enjoy, and replaced it with garbage BS.

It used to be, that I could pick up a game, and there might be one or two small things that bothered me but the majority of the game was enjoyable. Now though, most of the time, I pick up a game and the majority of the game bothers me, and there are one or two small things that I find enjoyable.

THIS. EXACTLY THIS.

This.

I'm not going back to older games because of my goggles.

It is because those older games have a heart that says "Play me~" the moment you put it into your system.
#15zyrax2301Posted 1/17/2013 4:04:41 PM
I like playing videogames
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#16ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/17/2013 4:05:09 PM
People still like games, yes.

People =/= gamefaqs
#17stalepie29Posted 1/17/2013 4:07:23 PM(edited)
TC:

I recommend listening to old timey Ragtime music while reading Gamefaqs:

http://youtu.be/Y4FYSKeFRZ8?t=34s
#18mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/17/2013 4:07:01 PM
I love everything about video games.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#19vu_cometPosted 1/17/2013 4:07:50 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
People still like games, yes.

People =/= gamefaqs

Yeah, we're not people on gamefaqs. :\
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
I went ice fishing the other day and all I caught was a cold.
#20wstfldPosted 1/17/2013 4:08:28 PM
Only their Japaneseness
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilzation V, FTL