This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing DmC has finally made me like the hack and slash/action genre.

#1kill_distroyPosted 1/17/2013 3:54:15 PM
So I wasn't a big fan of the genre before this, but after really enjoying DmC, I finally understood why people love this genre. So I'm looking for some really good games from this genre, both on the 360 or on the PS3. Any suggestions are appreciated
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#2toadiemanPosted 1/17/2013 3:55:19 PM
Bayonetta
---
PSN: toadieman
#3agrissaPosted 1/17/2013 3:59:15 PM
If you managed to enjoy one of the worst games in the genre, I think you will end up falling in love with hack and slash!
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#4wstfldPosted 1/17/2013 4:02:19 PM
Bayonetta, DMC3, DMC4, NGS, NGS2
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilzation V, FTL
#5Hvv0l24n9Posted 1/17/2013 4:07:34 PM
agrissa posted...
If you managed to enjoy one of the worst games in the genre, I think you will end up falling in love with hack and slash!

Troll post.

On topic, DL the demos for DMC4, Bayo, and the Ninja Gaiden games. Might wanna try the Darksiders demo too. You can get the DMC HD collection for pretty cheap.

There's also God Of War, but it's so much worse than those games, IMO. But hey, try em all. Even Dante's Inferno if you end up liking GoW.

There's demos for all of them.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#6kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 4:20:06 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
agrissa posted...

Troll post.

On topic, DL the demos for DMC4, Bayo, and the Ninja Gaiden games. Might wanna try the Darksiders demo too. You can get the DMC HD collection for pretty cheap.

There's also God Of War, but it's so much worse than those games, IMO. But hey, try em all. Even Dante's Inferno if you end up liking GoW.

There's demos for all of them.

not a big fan of god of war so I'll pass on that, but I'll check out your other suggestions, thanks!
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#7cyan1001Posted 1/17/2013 4:25:19 PM
if you liked this game then you would probally like all hack and slash games because dmc sucks
#8DocDeliciousPosted 1/17/2013 4:35:47 PM
Well, TC, if you're anything like me you'll find pretty much every other game in the genre boring, repetitive and far too easy compared to DMC/DmC.
They're kind of the "rose among thorns" of hack and slash games.
---
DmC, Vanquish, Retro City Rampage, Mass Effect Trilogy, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious
#9PhaseSlaethePosted 1/17/2013 4:37:50 PM
DocDelicious posted...
Well, TC, if you're anything like me you'll find pretty much every other game in the genre boring, repetitive and far too easy compared to DMC/DmC.
They're kind of the "rose among thorns" of hack and slash games.

Must be joking.

No, IS joking. Just disguised it poorly.

Bayonetta is roughly equal to DMC, even better at times.

Ninja Gaiden is a bit slower an action game, and a different type of action game altogether.

But everything named in this thread destroys DmC's idea of "action" as a genre.
#10DocDeliciousPosted 1/17/2013 5:06:14 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Must be joking.

No, IS joking. Just disguised it poorly.

Bayonetta is roughly equal to DMC, even better at times.

Ninja Gaiden is a bit slower an action game, and a different type of action game altogether.

But everything named in this thread destroys DmC's idea of "action" as a genre.

Alright I'll give you that. The NG (NES and XBox) and NG Black are definitely great. Bayonetta is good but it's too hack and slash for my taste.
Everything else just falls into that "mash X to win" category for me. Way too button mashey.
---
DmC, Vanquish, Retro City Rampage, Mass Effect Trilogy, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious