This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New proposed law would make it illegal to sell M/AO rated games to minors

#21majin nemesisPosted 1/17/2013 7:05:00 PM
i'm fine with that too, if people aren't going to respect the rating it might as well don't exist
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#22KaliestoPosted 1/17/2013 7:05:27 PM
Isn't this still on the floor?

anyway I got no problem with this, it's just the crazy fine of 5000 dollars, that's ridiculous
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#23silly_sausagePosted 1/17/2013 7:07:00 PM
It already is illegal here, which is kind of annoying as I am of age, but I don't have ID to back it up. So no R rated games for me. Unless I get my mother to buy them for me, which is just humiliating at this age.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#24Draconas_LyrrPosted 1/17/2013 7:13:51 PM
I couldn't care less about this law. It's a waste of time.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#25Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 1/17/2013 7:17:25 PM
Making it illegal to do so is the same as making it illegal to buy guns, and expecting crimes with guns to stop

It wouldn't stop them, especially not overnight, but it would drastically lower them eventually. Illegally acquiring them will become a lot harder and much more expensive when the people selling them run out of legal and easy options to get a hold of them. It's not exactly rocket science.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#26MegaMettaurPosted 1/17/2013 7:18:13 PM
mogar002 posted...
Could have sworn this already had a law.

---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2