This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They should make a Video Game about how Video Games cause violence.

#21doraemonllh1989Posted 1/21/2013 7:00:58 AM
Q_Sensei posted...
ComfortablySad posted...
Q_Sensei posted...
In all seriousness though I think that Video Games make us at least Jaded to violence.

Whether you consider that good or bad, well that depends.

Have you watched someone die in real life and didn't care? If not, you only think video games have made you jaded to violence. I volunteer for a hospice and watched a man with throat cancer die when a tumor in his neck caused his jugular to hemorrhage. After playing violent video games and watching violent movies for decades I was in no way jaded to what was happening in front of me.

Games and movies make you jaded to seeing fake violence on a screen. Not the real thing.

I dunno, I hear things on the radio all the time and I'm totally not surprised.

Like that guy who killed all those children recently that has blown up gun control in politics? Yeah, I was like "Meh, that happens like every day anymore."

Of course that might not be Video Games that has jaded me to things like that. Either way, I'm jaded and I play a lot of video games. There's a correlation there if not causation.

People like you is why the world is getting worse,because you don't give a **** about anything unless it happens to you or your family

Happens like everyday?Why don't you try to speak like that infront of public?
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#22dwill91Posted 1/21/2013 7:06:40 AM
Q_Sensei posted...
ComfortablySad posted...
Q_Sensei posted...
In all seriousness though I think that Video Games make us at least Jaded to violence.

Have you watched someone die in real life and didn't care? If not, you only think video games have made you jaded to violence. I volunteer for a hospice and watched a man with throat cancer die when a tumor in his neck caused his jugular to hemorrhage. After playing violent video games and watching violent movies for decades I was in no way jaded to what was happening in front of me.

Games and movies make you jaded to seeing fake violence on a screen. Not the real thing.

Like that guy who killed all those children recently that has blown up gun control in politics? Yeah, I was like "Meh, that happens like every day anymore."

Of course that might not be Video Games that has jaded me to things like that. Either way, I'm jaded and I play a lot of video games. There's a correlation there if not causation.

I'm actually not sure if you're serious right now.
Are you implying that everyday, someone goes into an elementary school and kills 20+ kids?
You're either a troll or extremely ignorant of the outside world.
---
PSN:dwill91
"Ask not for pity from Dark Phoenix, my love. There is none in her."
#23mnemeth2005Posted 1/21/2013 7:22:44 AM
Q_Sensei posted...
ComfortablySad posted...
Q_Sensei posted...

Key point in this post is "hear things on the radio,". All you are doing is listening. Its one thing to hear about something and think meh. Its another thing to be first hand witness to such events.
---
Narcoleptic Driver behind the wheel.
#24Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:33:05 AM(edited)
doraemonllh1989 posted...

People like you is why the world is getting worse,because you don't give a **** about anything unless it happens to you or your family

Happens like everyday?Why don't you try to speak like that infront of public?

Heh, I know it's heartless even to say it.

I understand the outrage toward it, but at the same time, I myself am not emotionally shaken by it.

And I thought about it, if it happened to my family, I probably would mourn for a day and then move on.

Kind of a selective psychopathy I suppose. Personally, I think I'm just jaded to violence, and my only explanation is Video Games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#25Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:33:59 AM
dwill91 posted...

I'm actually not sure if you're serious right now.
Are you implying that everyday, someone goes into an elementary school and kills 20+ kids?
You're either a troll or extremely ignorant of the outside world.

No, people don't shoot Elementary School kids every day, but violence happens every day.

I mean, it's definitely bad to kill kids, but it's bad to kill anyone.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#26Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:35:48 AM
mnemeth2005 posted...

Key point in this post is "hear things on the radio,". All you are doing is listening. Its one thing to hear about something and think meh. Its another thing to be first hand witness to such events.

Maybe. I'd be interested to see how I'd feel as a first hand witness to something like that.

I highly doubt it will ever happen though given my current life routine.
---