This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Of Games Radar's 100 most anticipated games of 2013....

#11ShineboxerPosted 1/17/2013 9:16:09 PM
Shineboxer posted...
No, it's because there is no more excuse for having to own a console.

Exclusives? Convenience? The PC is far from flawless.

>FAR more exclusives
>Convenience?explain?
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#12OrangeSchweesePosted 1/17/2013 9:21:05 PM(edited)
I was saying that consoles are still worth owning for their exclusives (imo).

PC's require far more technical knowledge to operate and maintain properly. Consoles are plug n play and easier to transport.
#13ShineboxerPosted 1/17/2013 9:24:13 PM
I was saying that consoles are still worth owning for their exclusives (imo).

PC's require far more technical knowledge to operate and maintain properly. Consoles are plug n play and easier to transport.

Nothing you couldn't learn in less than a couple of hours.

You can buy pre built, and is picking up your case difficult?
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#14TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/17/2013 9:25:29 PM
Your point? The PS3 had a tiny library until it was 2.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#15velvet_hammerPosted 1/17/2013 9:26:21 PM
let me know of the last PC only game that won GOTY
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#16OrangeSchweesePosted 1/17/2013 9:27:52 PM
Shineboxer posted...

It's more than that, though. You never have to worry about system requirements, compatibility issues, or hardware upgrades with consoles.
#17BurgerTime79Posted 1/17/2013 9:35:28 PM
You have to look at what the games are and choose which ones you're even interested in. I went from 100 to 70, and most of the PC exclusive titles I really have no interest in. Guessing a lot of the rest of them will be the same way.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#18AmanoJPosted 1/18/2013 2:49:36 AM
OrangeSchweese posted...
Shineboxer posted...

It's more than that, though. You never have to worry about system requirements, compatibility issues, or hardware upgrades with consoles.

Exactly why I have always preferred consoles.
There is much to be said for being able to pick up a new game and pop it in to play, and instantly know that like everyone else with that game, I will be playing it in the best way possible without having to fiddle with settings, worry about hardware/driver compatibility, or deal with benchmarks/optimization, etc.

And while many people love the whole tech treadmill of PC gaming (like the pro-pc dude there with his pc specs in his sig....), I don't care about constantly updating hardware just to play a couple games as intended before something better comes along.
For games, at least, I am far more concerned with gameplay and take comfort in the fact that the single investment I made years ago will still play every new release perfectly and give me the optimal experience without having to pay another dime for a single upgrade.

It takes high costs and technical guesswork out of the equation and lets you just focus on games. I'd take that over prettier graphics or whatever else a $5000 pc will afford you for a game that's also on consoles. XD
---
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in.
#19iori3000Posted 1/18/2013 3:17:45 AM
Tomb Raider could be epic.. The Last of US looks amazing and so does Beyond..
---
PSN: GoTigers9999 Nintendo ID: Iori9999
Steam ID: Iori-_-
#20QwelzaarKanePosted 1/18/2013 3:27:09 AM
AmanoJ posted...
Exactly why I have always preferred consoles.
There is much to be said for being able to pick up a new game and pop it in to play, and instantly know that like everyone else with that game, I will be playing it in the best way possible without having to fiddle with settings, worry about hardware/driver compatibility, or deal with benchmarks/optimization, etc.

And while many people love the whole tech treadmill of PC gaming (like the pro-pc dude there with his pc specs in his sig....), I don't care about constantly updating hardware just to play a couple games as intended before something better comes along.
For games, at least, I am far more concerned with gameplay and take comfort in the fact that the single investment I made years ago will still play every new release perfectly and give me the optimal experience without having to pay another dime for a single upgrade.

It takes high costs and technical guesswork out of the equation and lets you just focus on games. I'd take that over prettier graphics or whatever else a $5000 pc will afford you for a game that's also on consoles. XD

Posts like these are why the term "PC Master Race" even exists. I'm sure it's not intentional, but it's best not to speak on topics you're ignorant of.
---
PSN: QwelzaarKane
Tekken Tag 2, Ass Creed III, XCOM