This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Of Games Radar's 100 most anticipated games of 2013....

#21AmanoJPosted 1/18/2013 4:35:29 AM(edited)
You assume quite a bit there.

I've been playing games for a good many years now, on consoles and PC alike. I used to spend a lot of time and money on PC gaming, and grew to love consoles more for reasons listted there. I whittled down a lot of my experience with "superior" PC versions of games to what I said in the post.
There are technical reasons to enjoy a PC version of the a game, if you truly care, but I ultimately found that I was wasting my money and time for what amounted to very little for me, and crafted my opinion based on that.

Please don't assume that just because I can make comparisons simple that I don't know what I am talking about or have no experience to draw from.
---
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in.
#22Evel138Posted 1/18/2013 4:35:02 AM(edited)
Umm, who gives a **** about the numbers involved..........wouldn't it be a far more interesting topic to, I don't know.....oh yeah, talk about the actual ******* games themselves?
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#23lambchipsPosted 1/18/2013 4:34:47 AM
QwelzaarKane posted...
Posts like these are why the term "PC Master Race" even exists. I'm sure it's not intentional, but it's best not to speak on topics you're ignorant of.

to be fair alot of ps3 owners are uneducated....
they think buying off psn is easy but inreality buying off psn is so much more painful than buying off any pc DD services

there is so much misinformation around when it comes to pc gaming and its most from console gamers that has never touched pc for its gaming potential
^ well atleast its not as bad as 2 years ago where EVERYONE literally had no idea about pc gaming and just spoke out of their asses
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#24doraemonllh1989Posted 1/18/2013 4:47:21 AM
OrangeSchweese posted...
Shineboxer posted...
You can buy pre built, and is picking up your case difficult?

It's more than that, though. You never have to worry about system requirements, compatibility issues, or hardware upgrades with consoles.

agree,when i put in the disc into my console,the game will work perfectly fine unless developers screwed up their coding

but for pc?sometimes it wont went smoothly as i thought,sometimes there will be some weird problems,some errors which i was like wtf?
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#25thesnoopmeisterPosted 1/18/2013 4:49:35 AM
Nothing matters until E3. It's going to be EPIC for everyone (maybe not Wii U owners though).
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
#26OrangeSchweesePosted 1/18/2013 4:51:23 AM
I love my gaming PC. As an actual gamer, I just find it annoying how people have to go "console wars" with it and act like it's better than everything else. It has its pros and cons, just like anything else.
#27groz24Posted 1/18/2013 4:52:32 AM
Looks like it'll be a good year for gaming, regardless of what your preference is!
#28QwelzaarKanePosted 1/18/2013 5:41:24 AM
AmanoJ posted...
I will be playing it in the best way possible without having to fiddle with settings, worry about hardware/driver compatibility, or deal with benchmarks/optimization, etc.

Not even close to being true. Outside of sports games and fighting games, I can't think of any games that run at 60fps, and most can't even achieve a steady 30fps. Not to mention that most run at sub-720p resolutions. This is all while having graphics equivalent to low-medium settings on PC. And if you're playing any type of shooter, strategy game, and a lot of action games with a controller, you're using an inferior method of playing.

I don't care about constantly updating hardware just to play a couple games as intended before something better comes along.

Then don't. Unless you're constantly buying bottom-of-the-barrel components, you rarely have to upgrade parts. A mid-range gaming computer built a few years ago will still run games fine today.

For games, at least, I am far more concerned with gameplay and take comfort in the fact that the single investment I made years ago will still play every new release perfectly and give me the optimal experience without having to pay another dime for a single upgrade.

See my above two comments.

It takes high costs and technical guesswork out of the equation and lets you just focus on games.

High cost is debatable, and there's only technical guesswork if you're being willfully ignorant.

I'd take that over prettier graphics or whatever else a $5000 pc will afford you for a game that's also on consoles. XD

$5000? You're just f***ing with me, right? For $5000, I could build at least 5 gaming rigs that will not only last me a while but also blow away the prettiest, most polished console game, and buy a Wii U and PS3 and have almost $1000 bucks left-over.

So yeah, your are ignorant of PC gaming.
---
PSN: QwelzaarKane
Tekken Tag 2, Ass Creed III, XCOM
#29CaptainLukaPosted 1/18/2013 5:58:22 AM
I acknowledge that PC gaming is better/smoother all around. I willfully leave myself uneducated though. I just can't grasp PC specs and what I should be doing - I'm horrid with numbers and too lazy to dedicate myself to learning how it all works.

All I know is that this year is going to be awesome for a lot of us and that's good enough for me.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
#30jammiesPosted 1/18/2013 6:20:32 AM
We already know 100 games coming in 2013?
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx