This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Of Games Radar's 100 most anticipated games of 2013....

#31AmanoJPosted 1/18/2013 6:41:14 AM
I am not ignorant of the state of PC gaming; I am very well aware of what gaming on a PC is about. I still have a PC, I have been gaming for decades on all platforms. I used to use my PC as my main center for gaming (and still prefer FPS and MMOs there for specific reasons), but made a deliberate decision a while ago to focus more on consoles for game experiences, specifically.
I am well aware of how and why you would consider PC gaming to be superior overall, because I shared the opinion. I no longer do, and was making a point. The fact that you get so riled up over it isn't really that surprising. It's a symptom of the underlying issue.

A mid-range gaming computer built a few years ago will still run games fine today.

YMMV. It would depend on what you consider to be mid-range, a gaming computer (and therefore price), a few years ago, games, and "fine." Subjective terms.
You know as well as I do that a PC from years back won't run a game that comes out today nearly as well. A console sure will, relatively speaking. Exactly the same today as in 2006. That was the point, entirely.

$5000? You're just f***ing with me, right?

Yes, I am. Glad you can recognize hyperbole.

For me, PC gaming became more about cost and effeciency than the games, while consoles got rid of it all and put the games center stage. PC gaming is still fun for me now and then, but doesn't offer me (or clearly some others) enough to justify the differences in price, etc.
The mod community and indie game scene are great there (I actually spent years in modding), but consoles have been making an effort in these categories as well, which is interesting.

Again, for me ("me" isn't "you," by the way), PC gaming became more about constant comparisons to others, tweaks, and compromises between points (like higher FPS vs Res) than about the games. I wanted to get the core experience at a flat standard, which consoles did and still do offer.

PC gaming felt like splitting hairs, I grew tired of it. I've since used my PC only for other projects (with only 3-4 games I prefer because of controle, etc), and console for games. It's simply a fact that it's been easier and cheaper for me.

For $5000, I could build at least 5 gaming rigs that will not only last me a while but also blow away the prettiest, most polished console game, and buy a Wii U and PS3 and have almost $1000 bucks left-over.

Your post reads like you're missing the point entirely. PC games are superior... in the ways that don't matter to me. They look better, they run better, they offer things like easy distribution or modding and community support. I just don't care. You can have your better looking and better running game, you paid for it.
---
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in.
#32LuminescentRulePosted 1/18/2013 7:34:27 AM
I don't know half of those PC games. 1 TLoU is worth 10 of those indie pc games.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#33Evil_GogetaPosted 1/18/2013 7:36:43 AM
A lot of good games, but a lot of them I already own, so I don`t care for them in that list.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#34iori3000Posted 1/18/2013 4:47:52 PM
I love my pc and recognize that there are great games on it and that certain genres like FPS are much better utilized on the platform, but conversely Fighting games, TPS and even JRPGs are more available and/or better utilized on console... I also think the achievement system on the 360 and PS3 are much better than on Steam.. I honestly thought I would never get into trophies/achievements, but it really is what motivates me to complete certain games like Dark Souls etc...
---
PSN: GoTigers9999 Nintendo ID: Iori9999
Steam ID: Iori-_-
#35SoliquidusPosted 1/18/2013 4:52:38 PM
I don't agree with the placement of some of the games. Some just should not be more anticipated than others

However, their #1 most anticipated game of 2013 is also my most anticipated

Bioshock: Infinite will destroy everything else this year. Irrational is back to show the industry how it is done
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#36Arin_ApokolipsPosted 1/18/2013 5:00:04 PM
I'm thinking about going PC exclusive next gen.
---
The world is your playground.
#37iori3000Posted 1/18/2013 5:02:00 PM
Soliquidus posted...
I don't agree with the placement of some of the games. Some just should not be more anticipated than others

Bioshock: Infinite will destroy everything else this year. Irrational is back to show the industry how it is done

I think The Last of US and GTA V is more highly anticipated IMO... Tomb Raider could be higher on the list as well..
---
PSN: GoTigers9999 Nintendo ID: Iori9999
Steam ID: Iori-_-
#38Dark_SpiretPosted 1/18/2013 5:07:45 PM
this year looks to have a lot of good games. cant we just leave it at that? :_:
#39SoliquidusPosted 1/18/2013 5:12:42 PM
iori3000 posted...
Soliquidus posted...

I think The Last of US and GTA V is more highly anticipated IMO... Tomb Raider could be higher on the list as well..

By the gaming public, GTA V is definitely more anticipated and TLoU seems so as well. As for personal opinion, neither can compare to my anticipation for Infinite. The GamesRadar list was that of opinion as well, and not what the Gaming Community in general is looking forward to the most

Of course not everyone is going to look forward to a certain game, but as far as popularity goes in the Industry, GTA V is by far one of the most anticipated in the Industry. Personally, I don't like the GTA Series at all, but the popularity and success of the series, both critically and sales wise is undeniable

So the list wasn't so much about this fact, but that of personal opinion. There are quite a few games I am looking forward to this year, but Infinite is most definitely my #1.
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#40thisranksPosted 1/18/2013 5:19:22 PM
Dark_Spiret posted...
this year looks to have a lot of good games. cant we just leave it at that? :_:

Not on Gamefaqs ... at least 99.9% of the time anyways. It's no longer about good games. It's about their definition of what good games are.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW