This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni No Kuni 2nd best JRPG this gen?

#31ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/18/2013 1:33:12 PM
3rd.

Xenoblade and Demon's Souls are #1 and 2.
#32-BrokenSpiral-Posted 1/18/2013 1:34:58 PM
D. My list would be something like:

1. Xenoblade
2. Eiyuu Densetsu: Ao no Kiseki
3. Nier
4. Ys Seven
5. Valkyria Chronicles
---
Tales only wishes it could match Ys. - lennethsoki
#33CloudStrife630(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 1:48:23 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
I just finished Xenoblade, and it doesn't really live up to hype. Kinda disappointing after how everyone on this site praise it to no ends.

Tales of Vesperia (PS3 version) still stomps everything this gen, and NnK comes 2nd (played and completed Japanese version, btw).

Everybody off of this site praises it. Sorry you went into the game with a bias already.
---
http://i.minus.com/iQk9WytB7nDc.gif
#34DragoonGriffithPosted 1/18/2013 2:01:29 PM
For me Xenoblade and Vesperia (PS3) are my favorite JRPGs this gen. Dark Souls is also great (though it's weird calling it a JRPG).

On handhelds, the DQV remake, Radiant Historia and Trails games (all of them on PSP) kick ass.

Can't wait to play Xillia 2 and NNK, though. Importing Xillia 2 in a few days.
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.
#35JuanZoloPosted 1/18/2013 2:05:43 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
ExpelDiasFlac posted...
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International is still number 1, so you're free to choose whatever you want for number 2.

And your validity just killed itself after having the most massive deuce dripped across its face.

SO4 is second up from the worst JRPGs of the console.

It's THE worst JRPG i've played this gen. Easy.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#36LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/18/2013 2:06:17 PM
CloudStrife630 posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
I just finished Xenoblade, and it doesn't really live up to hype. Kinda disappointing after how everyone on this site praise it to no ends.

Tales of Vesperia (PS3 version) still stomps everything this gen, and NnK comes 2nd (played and completed Japanese version, btw).

Everybody off of this site praises it. Sorry you went into the game with a bias already.

Yeah, it's a good game, but I went into it with VERY high expectations. The end result was being disappointed.
---
Currently playing - Xillia 2, KH 3D, Persona 3
#37xxFOXFIRExxPosted 1/18/2013 2:41:56 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
For me Xenoblade and Vesperia (PS3) are my favorite JRPGs this gen. Dark Souls is also great (though it's weird calling it a JRPG).

On handhelds, the DQV remake, Radiant Historia and Trails games (all of them on PSP) kick ass.

Can't wait to play Xillia 2 and NNK, though. Importing Xillia 2 in a few days.

That's because Dark Souls is NOT a JRPG. Being an RPG from Japan is not the deciding factor as to what qualifies a JRPG.
#38jrr18Posted 1/18/2013 2:46:04 PM
Pokemon.
---
Victory over the 2013 Capcom the game demon through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#39Chocobo115Posted 1/18/2013 2:48:12 PM
Might be better than Xenoblade, we'll see.
#40LadyGagaMafiaPosted 1/18/2013 3:03:01 PM
I would put Blue Dragon, Star Ocean, and Tales of Vesperia above it.