This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Best Digimon Game

#31calhoun1389Posted 1/19/2013 12:35:45 PM
calhoun1389 posted...
They cut out like the last 5% of the game or something.

Wait, what? Why D:

To be honest, I do not recall.

Digimon World 1 was amazing and all, but DW3 had more accurate Digivolutions and the ability to run with Agumon, Guilmon and V-Mon.

Not really, literally every Digimon you can have in your party can digivolve into any other available Digimon.

True, however, in Digimon World 3, you could manipulate it via training and stats. If you wanted Dukemon from your Guilmon, then you could get him fairly easily by customizing his training sessions to get Dukemon's required stats.

If you were playing Digimon World 1, it felt fairly randomized and needlessly difficult to get your Digimon to follow it's correct evolution path, if not downright impossible due to missing Ultimates. On top of that, despite not having the Mega forms, there were still Mega Digimon usable in the Ultimate stage. For example, Piyomon's Ultimate is Garudamon and it's Mega is Hououmon. But in Digimon World 1, Garudamon is missing from the game and Hououmon is Piyomon's Ultimate.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#32_Shikoba_Posted 1/19/2013 12:37:29 PM
The original by far. I really enjoyed it when i was younger. Was a great game.
---
Nintendo Network: Shikoba
PSN: Bad_Brains
#33servb0tsPosted 1/19/2013 12:54:57 PM
I wished that new psp digimon was localized.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
If PS4 Bans Used Games, It will Die Faster than PSPGO. Like ET
#34Wario_manPosted 1/19/2013 2:41:05 PM
I wished that new psp digimon was localized.

Me too :( I was so hyped for it.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#35demonfang178Posted 1/19/2013 3:02:48 PM
Voted for Rumble Arena 2. Only played Rumble Arena 1, DW2-Data Squad, and World Championship.

It's really a no contest for me.
#36Wario_manPosted 1/19/2013 3:07:11 PM
calhoun1389 posted...
They cut out like the last 5% of the game or something.

Wait, what? Why D:

To be honest, I do not recall.

Digimon World 1 was amazing and all, but DW3 had more accurate Digivolutions and the ability to run with Agumon, Guilmon and V-Mon.

Not really, literally every Digimon you can have in your party can digivolve into any other available Digimon.

True, however, in Digimon World 3, you could manipulate it via training and stats. If you wanted Dukemon from your Guilmon, then you could get him fairly easily by customizing his training sessions to get Dukemon's required stats.

If you were playing Digimon World 1, it felt fairly randomized and needlessly difficult to get your Digimon to follow it's correct evolution path, if not downright impossible due to missing Ultimates. On top of that, despite not having the Mega forms, there were still Mega Digimon usable in the Ultimate stage. For example, Piyomon's Ultimate is Garudamon and it's Mega is Hououmon. But in Digimon World 1, Garudamon is missing from the game and Hououmon is Piyomon's Ultimate.

They had some Digimon planned but the game was really rushed, and you can tell. For what we got it was incredibly fun. Sure, it blows that Biyomon doesn't have its Ultimate form, Garudamon would have been cool but we got Phoenixmon, her mega so it isn't that bad. We got a LOT of Digimon and the game's character models still look really good:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k318/Wario_man/Untitled-1.png

The main thing holding Digimon back in my opinion is that they've got a pretty interesting idea but have no idea how to roll with it. They've tried just about everything and only some of it has really worked and now they've either felt they've tried anything and there's no point anymore since it just isn't working or that there's just really no interest in the series for the effort to be worthwhile.
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#37silly_sausagePosted 1/19/2013 4:41:18 PM
DW3, followed very closely by the original. I played DW2, but just couldn't get into it.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#38Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 4:45:11 PM
I wanna know who picked RE: Digitize
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#39anonymous46773Posted 1/20/2013 10:31:02 AM
Didn't Digimon World 1 come out before the actual series?
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#40Xenobow(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:33:02 AM
anonymous46773 posted...
Didn't Digimon World 1 come out before the actual series?

Yes, but only in Japan.
---
Lost Odyssey