This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Such hypocritical BS from Ninja Theory & Capcom regarding DmC

#91spectermaster14Posted 1/18/2013 1:31:56 PM
It's never just about the hair and looks of new Dante to begin with. This type of damage control won't help them sell more copies.

So it was all about the framerate and combat changes that we didn't know about until months after the first teaser was released? There was nothing BUT the hair to cry about for the longest time, get over yourself.
#92DocDeliciousPosted 1/18/2013 1:32:24 PM
Dr3adn0ugh7 posted...
The game is still ****. The only people that think the hater's only complain about Donte's design are trying to strawman the opposition.

Yes, good job Ninja Theory, you fixed one "problem". Now please fix the 30FPS, all the glitches, horrible gameplay, ridicules writing, and the **** easy difficulty.

30fps really isn't an issue in this case. Sure, 60 would be better, but the combat flows so well and moves so quickly that the lower fps isn't noticeable. I know people don't like to hear it but the combat in DmC flows much better than the old games. They're both great in their own right but the faster pace, button layout and more complex combo system of the reboot makes up for the 30fps. Like I said, 60fps would be great but it's really a non-issue.

There are so few glitches it's really impressive. "But Doc, you saw that video!" That's one guy out of how many thousands? Glitches happen. They do in all games. All I'm saying is that in this instance they're very few and very far between.

Gameplay is a matter of opinion. I enjoy the faster paced, technical combat of the reboot immensely. I also enjoy the slower paced more methodical combat of the originals.

Again, writing is opinion based and, IMO, the writing in DmC is thousands of times better than the originals.

The Normal and Easy difficulties in the old games were easy as s*** too. Dante Must Die and Hell and Hell are just as difficult as ever; sometimes even more so.
I'll say this; I'm having just as much trouble with DMD in the reboot as I did with DMC3. It's just for different reasons. In DMC3 the main issues were the camera and manipulating enemy placement so you could keep a combo going. In DmC it's because there is so much going on at once it's hard to keep track of, the enemy AI is aggressive as s*** and you really can't use the same move more than once or you'll drop your combo almost instantly.
---
DmC, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Mass Effect Trilogy, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious
#93RyuuHou25Posted 1/18/2013 1:39:25 PM
InfiniteHERO posted...
People need to stop crying already about a 'GAME".

It is a great game if you just swallow your Fan boy pride and try it out.

And also either buy it or don't it is your choice but people making a thread and crying about this since it was announced and now purposely hitting it on Meta critic is basically babies throwing fits because they didn't get their way in the first place

How dare you complain on the internet! Don't say anything unless you have something nice to say!
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#94Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 1:42:25 PM
DocDelicious posted...
Dr3adn0ugh7 posted...
The game is still ****. The only people that think the hater's only complain about Donte's design are trying to strawman the opposition.

Yes, good job Ninja Theory, you fixed one "problem". Now please fix the 30FPS, all the glitches, horrible gameplay, ridicules writing, and the **** easy difficulty.

30fps really isn't an issue in this case. Sure, 60 would be better, but the combat flows so well and moves so quickly that the lower fps isn't noticeable. I know people don't like to hear it but the combat in DmC flows much better than the old games. They're both great in their own right but the faster pace, button layout and more complex combo system of the reboot makes up for the 30fps. Like I said, 60fps would be great but it's really a non-issue.

Saying that is like saying 60fps is not important in a fighting game, which is laughable since DMC series was designed to be an action game that plays like a fighting game; hence the focus on comboing. Hence the fact that there are actual competitions with DMC games just like there are fighting game competitions. Its all about the number of frames just like in fighting games.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#95Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 1:44:29 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
It's never just about the hair and looks of new Dante to begin with. This type of damage control won't help them sell more copies.

So it was all about the framerate and combat changes that we didn't know about until months after the first teaser was released? There was nothing BUT the hair to cry about for the longest time, get over yourself.

People knew the gameplay and framerate were going to be an issue from the start ever since they announced Ninja Theory was going to be the developer and Unreal Engine was going to be the engine of choice
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#96theshovellerPosted 1/18/2013 1:45:00 PM
Devilman, I'm not trying to be a jerk, in case I came off as one - how far did you get in your video walkthrough? I really, honestly want to hear your take on what happened, or your opinions on my take, or just anything related to that (unless you stopped watching it, which is fine and I'll shut up about it.)
#97agrissaPosted 1/18/2013 1:46:53 PM
As usual, the Devilman is owning everyone in any debate. He's armed with facts. You can't beat facts.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#98Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 1:47:47 PM
theshoveller posted...
Devilman, I'm not trying to be a jerk, in case I came off as one - how far did you get in your video walkthrough? I really, honestly want to hear your take on what happened, or your opinions on my take, or just anything related to that (unless you stopped watching it, which is fine and I'll shut up about it.)

I don't remember exactly there's 19 videos. I stopped because I started to watch Dark Knight Returns part 2 instead. I'll watch more later this weekend. Besides, I didn't want to list or have people start listing spoilers anyway so I was keeping the topic more focused on the gameplay and the fact that this DLC has been announced.

Which btw I listed this last week via a pic link and someone here got angry saying it was free DLC well obviously that person was wrong....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#99spectermaster14Posted 1/18/2013 1:49:28 PM

People knew the gameplay and framerate were going to be an issue from the start ever since they announced Ninja Theory was going to be the developer and Unreal Engine was going to be the engine of choice

Only people like yourself who still act like the Unreal Engine has a set standard for framerate and graphical style. Ignorance is not the same as clairvoyance.

As usual, the Devilman is owning everyone in any debate. He's armed with facts. You can't beat facts.

Agrissa, I think you might literally be the only poster I have ever seen on this site - and I've wasted years in this Hellhole - that actually sucks up other users. It's sad. Stop.
#100Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 1:53:16 PM

Only people like yourself who still act like the Unreal Engine has a set standard for framerate and graphical style. Ignorance is not the same as clairvoyance.

We know that the Unreal Engine has issues on the PS3. Knowing that, developers should be picking better engines. Especially if trying to make a game based on a series known to run at 60fps for the very reason to emulate a fighting game in an action game format. And the top fighting games all run at 60fps.

Agrissa, I think you might literally be the only poster I have ever seen on this site - and I've wasted years in this Hellhole - that actually sucks up other users. It's sad. Stop.

That's not true there's been plenty of killak, crimson and jubjub supporters. Extremelight supporters on the FF boards. Heck even GAVIN supporters...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)