This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys think the PS4 will be backwards compatible with all PS3 games?

#1SolnotPosted 1/18/2013 9:05:33 AM
Do you guys think the PS4 will be backwards compatible with all PS3 games? - Results (326 votes)
Yes
34.05% (111 votes)
No
65.95% (215 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If it is or isn't, how much would you guys be willing to pay for a PS4 with PS3 backwards compatibility?
#2ThamauturgePosted 1/18/2013 9:09:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3ThamauturgePosted 1/18/2013 9:09:16 AM
I can see them releasing two models; one that is BC and one that isn't. It should definitely have PS2 BC though. I have a feeling it wont play PS3 games though.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#4JDTAYPosted 1/18/2013 9:10:14 AM
Eh, I'll just use my PS3 for PS3 games.
---
PSN: JDTAY87
Nintendo Network: JDTAY87
#5RejectMkIVPosted 1/18/2013 9:10:54 AM
Most? Yes. All? Dunno.
#6RagnoraokPosted 1/18/2013 9:15:10 AM(edited)
Thamauturge posted...
I can see them releasing two models; one that is BC and one that isn't. It should definitely have PS2 BC though. I have a feeling it wont play PS3 games though.

wait, so it will be BC with the ps2 but not ps3? What logic is that? If they do make it BC with ANY model, then expect it to be overpriced like the ps3 was, so expect it to sell like crap again.

Seeing the crappy financial situation Sony is in right now, they cannot afford to put in BC, especially when the ps3 is still fresh. If they do that, then there will be no reason to purchase a ps3 anymore, making all of the recent models made useless. It will more than likely not be BC for any system.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....choose wisely.
#7WinternovaPosted 1/18/2013 9:15:39 AM
Backwards compatibility hinders a system. It either restricts the architecture or it increases the cost.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#8este914Posted 1/18/2013 9:15:52 AM
Do I THINK it will be? No.
Do I HOPE it will be? Yes.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#9RejectMkIVPosted 1/18/2013 9:15:59 AM
Ragnoraok posted...
they cannot afford to put in BC

How do you know?
#10RafedxPosted 1/18/2013 9:19:25 AM
Ragnoraok posted...
Thamauturge posted...

wait, so it will be BC with the ps2 but not ps3? What logic is that? If they do make it BC with ANY model, then expect it to be overpriced like the ps3 was, so expect it to sell like crap again.

Seeing the crappy financial situation Sony is in right now, they cannot afford to put in BC, especially when the ps3 is still fresh. If they do that, then there will be no reason to purchase a ps3 anymore, making all of the recent models made useless. It will more than likely not be BC for any system.

I think he was going with the current PS3 trend, where it can play PS1 and PS3 games but not PS2 games.

I think they should just release the non BC version and later on (or even the same time) release a second model that is obviously more expensive but has the ability to play PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games but damn the emulation for the PS3 is going to be Rockey at best.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.