This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is Capcom now the most hated gaming company?

#1bg20202Posted 1/18/2013 8:54:51 AM
Topic.
#2RejectMkIVPosted 1/18/2013 8:55:17 AM
Squeenix

Both are irrational, though. They've still brought more joy than anything.
#3theatrical_catPosted 1/18/2013 8:56:45 AM
It's up there. Square Enix, EA and Capcom are like the big three cool to hate companies right now,
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#4AlltraPosted 1/18/2013 8:59:29 AM
I wouldn't say it's "Cool" to hate them. Some people might find it to be the "Trendy" thing to do, but I feel like a good portion of the fans that are upset have good reason to be.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#5bg20202(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:01:16 AM
EA and Capcom try to nickel and dime you with paying for the game and then adding elements common to F2P. I understand that.

SQ though. For changing up the FF formula? Is that it?
#6LegoTechnicPosted 1/18/2013 9:03:39 AM(edited)
Figured it was Namco-Bandai. No other company gets away with so much consumer disdain with their releases, be it horribly rushed products like Soul Calibur V, manuals only four pages long, lots of little DLC "features" which largely amount to expensive costumes, or just the general indifference they've given to Tales fans over the years.

And yet now that you mention it, what has Capcom done recently other than spit out a rather content-lite UMvC3 or continue to run Resident Evil into the ground?
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#7RejectMkIVPosted 1/18/2013 9:04:33 AM
Street Fighter 4. All is forgiven.
#8jammiesPosted 1/18/2013 9:06:33 AM
Ninja Theory
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#9CaptainLukaPosted 1/18/2013 9:16:09 AM
LegoTechnic posted...
Figured it was Namco-Bandai. No other company gets away with so much consumer disdain with their releases, be it horribly rushed products like Soul Calibur V, manuals only four pages long, lots of little DLC "features" which largely amount to expensive costumes, or just the general indifference they've given to Tales fans over the years.

And yet now that you mention it, what has Capcom done recently other than spit out a rather content-lite UMvC3 or continue to run Resident Evil into the ground?

Everything you listed, with the exception of screwing Tales fans, is done by EA, Activision and Capcom - except ten times worse.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
http://i.minus.com/ibhGOcxiSygOh.gif
#10JONlCSPosted 1/18/2013 9:16:49 AM
i remember the time where EA was the most hated company.
---
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/superheroes-batman-superman-superheroes-the-new-avengers-posters.gif