This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Say good bye to the dualshock : (

#91brycemorrPosted 1/19/2013 2:01:01 PM
Wouldnt the new controller just be a Vita? Besides if you haven't tried the LBP2s cross controller add on I would suggest you do so. Duelshock will stay. Sony knows whats going on even if we dont.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#92DTY3Posted 1/19/2013 5:40:49 PM
LionheartCJ posted...
Gamer4ever77 posted...
I'm calling it

PS4's controller will be inspired by the WiiU.

Aslong as its main primary function is as a controller with buttons and its comfortable to hold/use

I could see it being like a VMU (havent played a wii-u), eliminating the need for on screen huds etc

You pretty much described the Wii U perfectly.

Primary function is a controller, it's crazy comfortable (you wouldnt know until you look at the back of it or hold one yourself), and it eliminates the need for huds.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#93LeadPipeCinchePosted 1/19/2013 5:44:08 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
"a new one possibly containing a LCD touch screen or even biometrics."

Aha..hahahaha.

Well, you know what they say:

Don't fix it if it ain't broke

and yet more people complain because sports titles are the same year in and year out.
but like you said if it works why change it..so why change a sports games gameplay if it works fine.
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#94midgarPosted 1/19/2013 5:51:38 PM

Primary function is a controller, it's crazy comfortable (you wouldnt know until you look at the back of it or hold one yourself), and it eliminates the need for huds.

Yes, because it's more convenient to have your info on a second screen you have to look down at, rather than everything discreetly on one.

That's not innovative, it's unnecessary....
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#95CloakedNubPosted 1/19/2013 5:54:53 PM
midgar posted...

Yes, because it's more convenient to have your info on a second screen you have to look down at, rather than everything discreetly on one.

This...
#96TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/19/2013 5:57:08 PM
I think the best feature of the Wii U controller is being able to play local multiplayer with having the screen divided in half. The Zelda game on Nintendoland shows it quite well, and the Luigi's Mansion game shows another side to it.

Honestly, I love the Wii U, even if it isn't all that "hardcore." Video games are supposed to be fun, and I find it fun, so it serves it's purpose to me.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#97DTY3Posted 1/19/2013 6:18:34 PM
midgar posted...

I take it you havent actually tried the Wii U....
I thought the same thing at first.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#98midgarPosted 1/19/2013 8:00:42 PM
midgar posted...

I take it you havent actually tried the Wii U....
I thought the same thing at first.

You would be wrong, and my >opinion< still stands. It's useless and only takes away from any immersion a game offers.
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#99majin nemesisPosted 1/19/2013 8:06:46 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/Kevinsand/double-facepalm.jpg
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#100Shinobi120Posted 1/19/2013 8:07:14 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Wow, Sony is truly innovating once again!

Touch screen on the controller?! Whoa, no console to date has ever had th...wait, there's something called a Wii U?

GG Sony...stealing literally every idea they possibly can, lulz!

LOLSony.