This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you buy the GameStop Disk Protection plan?

#1PangLaPosted 1/18/2013 10:35:16 AM
I take good care of my disk so I don't need those silly plan. It's so annoying when the GameStop employee ask if you want it and you reply nicely with a "no thanks", they would have those pissed off face or/and try to convince you to buy it. Some time I just wanna buy it, scratch it in front of their face then return it.
#2keatonisballinPosted 1/18/2013 10:37:44 AM
I dont even...who gets so worked up over gamestop employees? This crap is pathetic.

Everywhere you buy new games asks if you want a protection plan.
---
Seahawks 2012: 11-5, 1 playoff win
Counting the days til next season starts...
#3PangLa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 10:43:13 AM
keatonisballin posted...
I dont even...who gets so worked up over gamestop employees? This crap is pathetic.

Everywhere you buy new games asks if you want a protection plan.

I don't care if they ask, that's their job. But when they keep insisting you to buy it and make a sad/pissed off face when you refuse it get really annoying. And Gamestop is the only place that ask me to buy their disk protection plan.
#4true_gamer80Posted 1/18/2013 10:51:53 AM
no, in fact each time Im asked, I like to bring up how reliable blu ray discs are and how you can scratch the hell out of them and the still play..

Funny story, was at EB once, was asked and replied with what I said above. You know how they always have a scratched disc on display for their disc protection advert, well this one happened to be a blu ray, now I get its their job to ask but I shop there alot and always reply no..to the same ppl, gets annoying regardless if thy just doing their job.

So once he asked I brought the usual blu ray comment and how unless your disc breaks this is absolutely pointless to get for ps3 games, he of course thinks Im dead wrong, I point to the scratched ps3 disc on the counter and made a bet, put tht exact game in store ps3, if it works never ask me again, if it doesnt Ill get your disc protection....he puts it in....guess wht..it works perfectly lol...I just smile, payed for what I went there for. After paying I asked how many ppl have used your disc protection plan and...
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#5flame030191Posted 1/18/2013 10:52:54 AM
Only on Xbox games. Blu Ray discs either come damaged, or won't get damaged from normal wear and tear.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#6true_gamer80Posted 1/18/2013 10:53:41 AM
returned a scratched ps3 games for a new one....he says not one lol. I nod my head, smile and leave lol.

Never been asked again there lol
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#7MegaMettaurPosted 1/18/2013 10:56:23 AM
PangLa posted...
I take good care of my disk so I don't need those silly plan. It's so annoying when the GameStop employee ask if you want it and you reply nicely with a "no thanks", they would have those pissed off face or/and try to convince you to buy it. Some time I just wanna buy it, scratch it in front of their face then return it.

How hard is it for you to just say no and be done with it?
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#8TimeOfTheDarkPosted 1/18/2013 11:04:24 AM
I do it sometimes for brand new games I pay $60 for. Not for games I get that are old and for $20.

One time this chick who worked at Gamestop told me about how hard it is to scratch PS3 discs when we were talking about used copies of games, but I mentioned if you drunkenly fumble it and it bangs the corner of your dresser, it'll put a big scratch in it. Most of the time I take good care of my games, but it's like a few extra dollars so if it does get ruined, I can go grab a brand new copy.
#9PangLa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:14:20 AM
MegaMettaur posted...
PangLa posted...

How hard is it for you to just say no and be done with it?

That's my point. They keep asking you again when you say no the first time. And they get all piss about it when you keep refusing.
#10SoleilArclionPosted 1/18/2013 11:16:38 AM
It is called their JOB. Which is not to save your preferences among the other hundreds of customers, but to sell you that extra mark-up crap.