This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you buy the GameStop Disk Protection plan?

#11hockeybub89Posted 1/18/2013 11:21:42 AM
I've had several GameStop clerks stop and chuckle to themselves when they realized they almost tried to sell me a protection plan for discs as durable as bluray. If they do ask me about the plan, I politely decline and move on with my purchase.

I swear that more than half of GameStop horror stories are people getting unnecessarily angry at employees for following storeare policies that they didn't come up with. If you don't like GameStop, don't shop there. It makes more sense than touching a hot stove on purpose and then yelling at it for burning you.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#12theshovellerPosted 1/18/2013 11:30:19 AM
PangLa posted...
I take good care of my disk so I don't need those silly plan. It's so annoying when the GameStop employee ask if you want it and you reply nicely with a "no thanks", they would have those pissed off face or/and try to convince you to buy it. Some time I just wanna buy it, scratch it in front of their face then return it.

Where do you go that they get a "pissed off face" when you say no? My Gamestop I go to, I have yet to have any employee give me a "pissed off face" when declining disc protection or preordering anything. Maybe it's in how you decline? If you yourself have a "pissed off face" and rudely say "No, I don't want it!" then that might be why they take a second to explain the whole thing to you.

Me? I just say "No thanks, I take pretty good care of my games." But, what if it breaks and it's not my fault, you say? "It's cheap enough, I'll buy a new copy when it's $20 or something." Problem solved, they don't get mad, I don't get mad, and life moves on.

As for why they ask so much, it's called "numbers." Working retail, you have these "numbers" you have to meet every month, or else you get written up, poor performance reviews, or fired - depending on the place, policy, and discrepancy between where you are and where you should be. Anyone who's worked retail before knows that. That's retail as in "I sell you products," and not retail as in "I flip burgers at a fast food restaurant."
#13Nirvanas_NoxPosted 1/18/2013 11:34:18 AM
i do but its only out of habit. they never ask me though. im always asking first. i buy more 36o and ps2 games then ps3 games though.
---
My business isnt your business so unless your my thong, dont be up my ass.
#14nclrwntrPosted 1/18/2013 11:38:39 AM(edited)
They sell enough of those plans to clueless moms and dads that it doesn't matter if you decline. I haven't had a single employee give me attitude or repeatedly try to sell me on it. A simple, "no thanks" and it's done.

Honestly, they don't give a **** if you buy it or not, or get the edge card, buy it pre-owned, whatever. For the majority of them, it's just a part-time job, not a career. They're not trying to become "employee of the year" and climb the corporate ladder.